PDA

View Full Version : HannsG 19" Widescreen TFT Monitor as good as Powerbook screen?

andyjamesnelson
Oct 6, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hey, I was owndering what people thought of this monitor? I have ordered a Mac Pro and I need a cheap fill in monitor - I am saving for a proper HD screen - and if I bought the Mac before the 7th of October with education discount I saved 100 on an ipod and that seemed like a deal not to miss.

Anyway when I get a proper monitor I will then have this one as a second usefull dsiplay for palettes and thinsg in PS.

So do people think this monitor is as good as one found on a powerbook - I have a 1.25gig g4 PB.

If I can find a cheap screen thats as good as the PB's then that will be fine for a month before I can get a HD screen.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks, Andy.

Ugg
Oct 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
Hey, I was owndering what people thought of this monitor? I have ordered a Mac Pro and I need a cheap fill in monitor - I am saving for a proper HD screen - and if I bought the Mac before the 7th of October with education discount I saved 100 on an ipod and that seemed like a deal not to miss.

Anyway when I get a proper monitor I will then have this one as a second usefull dsiplay for palettes and thinsg in PS.

So do people think this monitor is as good as one found on a powerbook - I have a 1.25gig g4 PB.

If I can find a cheap screen thats as good as the PB's then that will be fine for a month before I can get a HD screen.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks, Andy.

I've spent the last two weeks looking at displays and found the Hanns G to have a fuzzy appearance. I saw it at 2 different stores so it wasn't just a one off.

I ended up buying a Sceptre 19" WS DVI 8ms (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11110853&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=54061&hierPath=84*1680*54061*). I love it. I too have a 12"PB G4 1.5 ghz and didn't want to lose any display quality. It's not quite the same as the PB, but the differences are negligible. I bought mine at costco.com for US 179.00

Markleshark
Oct 7, 2006, 03:07 AM
If your in the UK, get yourself on Dabs and get the BenQ FP91G+. At 122 for a 19" (Not widescreen) its a steal. I love mine, just don't buy the wrong DVI cable off ebay for it like I just did... :(

andyjamesnelson
Oct 7, 2006, 08:12 AM
yes I am in the uk.. I will take a look at the one on dabs... anymore suggestions?

orangezorki
Oct 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
It's pretty obvious that for that price, you will have to make some comprimises. I'd have a good think about what is important to you and what isn't - size, resolution, brightness, contrast, response time, viewing angle. If you're using PS mainly, maybe good resolution and contrast trump response time and brightness.

David