Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamchase

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
So for those of you who havent used a case how does it look? And what do u do to make sure it doesnt get scratched to hell?I have a friend who uses car wax on it to protect it but i dont know how good that is in the long run. I dont think it can do to much to prevent scratchs.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I use a thin, adhesive plastic film. It's removable, probably as thick as a sheet of paper but stiffer and protects it very well. It does scratch up though so I have to buy a new one every few months - going to get difficult soon when they stop being sold.

Got an Agent 18 shield for when that happens.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
it looks like crap. i have kept mine in an iSkin since day one and it's near perfect (it scratched up a little when i had it out of the case for all of about 10 minutes). but my friend just throws his around like an old cell phone and it looks like it's been in a bag full of nails.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I wouldn't even consider it! I've had a Power Support Crystal Film on mine from day 1 (well, day 2) and it looks near immaculate.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Apple store didn't have any cases when i got my first gen nano, it had a fair amount of scratches when i got a case a couple weeks later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.