Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Whenever I am viewing videos on YouTube (or Flash), the audio will not work.

Everything that is needed, is installed, flash player etc.

I've even tried it in Safari and Firefox without any luck.

Suggestions?

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Just realized it's not just YouTube, it's any audio in flash that I am unable to hear. :mad:

Any ideas?

G4LAPPY

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2006
i have exactly the same problem although this has only happened recently i used to be able to hear audio fine on you tube and about 2 months ago it just stopped

i have no idea why this happened and find it very frustrating

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I'm starting it has something to do with VLC. I could hear sound two days ago, installed VLC and the browser player yesterday and nothing has worked since. So today I deleted them both, emptied the trash, restarted, and still nothing. :mad:

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Found a solution:

1. Open Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup
2. Left side of the window, halfway down there is a selection box for "Properties For:" - select "Built-in Audio" here (should have the Apple logo next to it).
3. Under that you'll see a series of drop boxes under Audio Input. Find the one marked "Format:" and change it from "96000.0 Hz" to "48000.0Hz". Close Audio MIDI Setup and try something with Flash audio.

That did it for me :)

IanGroh

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2007
Thank you!

Found a solution:

1. Open Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup
2. Left side of the window, halfway down there is a selection box for "Properties For:" - select "Built-in Audio" here (should have the Apple logo next to it).
3. Under that you'll see a series of drop boxes under Audio Input. Find the one marked "Format:" and change it from "96000.0 Hz" to "48000.0Hz". Close Audio MIDI Setup and try something with Flash audio.

That did it for me :)

Thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.