Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Hey everyone!

Currently I have a ibook G4, 1.33 ghz, 1.5gig of RAM. Im looking for somthing that will run aperture better. It runs slow on my computer now. (I know it shouldnt be running on my computer)

I know the Mac book Pro is the obvious choice, im just wodering if anyone has the inside word on if I should jump into it now or wait a few months for somthing better to come out. Hmmmmm I hate technology moving so fast when your buying these things!

Any advice would be awesome!!!

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Hey everyone!

Currently I have a ibook G4, 1.33 ghz, 1.5gig of RAM. Im looking for somthing that will run aperture better. It runs slow on my computer now. (I know it shouldnt be running on my computer)

I know the Mac book Pro is the obvious choice, im just wodering if anyone has the inside word on if I should jump into it now or wait a few months for somthing better to come out. Hmmmmm I hate technology moving so fast when your buying these things!

Any advice would be awesome!!!
The MBPs were JUST updated. If you need a new computer, go for it. There will always be something else around the corner.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
the macbook pros were JUST updated and if you need it get it nothing new will be comming for about half a year (santa rosa) soo you should be fairly safe. good luck

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
if you are going to get a mbp, now is the time, I say go for it. Next year sometime, there will be something new, but there will ALWAYS be something new. But if something has just been updated, its always a good time to buy. I can see waiting if you want a mb, but not a mbp.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.