Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dont24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Northeast
Had my wife swap out the cable modem today. The bottom line is she had to called tech support and they had her install the damn Comcast installer software to register the modem. Now Safari has stooped working. No problem browsing with Firefox, but Safari just hangs when trying to open an website.
Any ideas?

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Yeah that Comcast software is not doing you any good. I would suggest removing it and find out from Comcast if you can configure your settings manually.

Sherman Homan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
I use Comcast and there is no software necessary at all. The fact that Safari is not working could be a problem with just Safari. Go up to the Safari menu bar, down to Empty Cache, if that doesn't work, try Reset Safari.

dont24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Northeast
I found the issue. The damn Comcast installer set up a new location in the network Preferences, which included proxies. I removed the "comcast" location, set it back to automatic, and all is well.

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
yeah get rid of the comcast software, its probably just as useless as the mediacom software we use...i work for mediacom cable(cable internet) and do tech support

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.