PDA

View Full Version : Red Nano

PowermacG5
Nov 3, 2006, 11:05 AM
What does everyone think of the new color? :)

wPod
Nov 3, 2006, 11:27 AM
well seeing that the color red has been out since october 13th, im not sure if i would catagorize it as new. but personally i like the red. i think it would look awsome with a black macbook!!!

but my gf pointed out when she first saw it in an apple store "it looks like the logo for target" so that kinda killed my enthusiasm. but as long as i try to ignore that comment, i still pretty much like the red!

PowermacG5
Nov 3, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well the most new... The 8 gig red came out today so yes new.

luckylisp
Nov 3, 2006, 12:07 PM
I think the red is awesome. Might be my favorite of the nano colors.

Bubbasteve
Nov 3, 2006, 12:10 PM
I really like the red iPod -- next to green it's my favorite colored nano

Hopefully Apple will go along with other disease fighting organizations

Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness (I know they currently have pink but maybe they could substitute it or add a different shade of it)

Yellow - Livestrong Cancer Awareness

just my opinion

pianoman
Nov 3, 2006, 12:44 PM

Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness (I know they currently have pink but maybe they could substitute it or add a different shade of it)

just my opinion

i think this is a really good idea. good thinkin, Bubbasteve!

calculus
Nov 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
well seeing that the color red has been out since october 13th

I'm sure I remember the colour red from longer ago than that:)

robPOD
Nov 3, 2006, 01:24 PM
I like my green nano way better:D

abeyk
Nov 4, 2006, 08:52 AM
8GB's baby :D

Tymmz
Nov 4, 2006, 09:09 AM
If I wouldn't have bought the black iPod already I would definitely go for red.

me like red

backsidetailsli
Nov 4, 2006, 09:14 AM
if i were buying a nano, that would be the color. hands down

ksz
Nov 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
To me the only color so far that looks really good on aluminum is red. I wouldn't buy any other, charity or no charity.

mrkramer
Nov 4, 2006, 11:03 AM
I really like the red. If I was planning on buying a new iPod now that is definitely the one that I would get.

Bubbasteve
Nov 4, 2006, 02:57 PM
i think this is a really good idea. good thinkin, Bubbasteve!

Thanks! I would definitely invest in a LiveStrong yellow iPod -- but I'm not going to hold my breath for Apple to make them ...

puckhead193
Nov 4, 2006, 04:08 PM
i love the red too

MacBoySeattle
Nov 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think it's dog ugly *shrug* I really do. And I love how to appease Boner, they release an 8gb red nano while not releasing any of the other colors in 8gb. Really sick of Boner and all his "look at me, I'm saving the world", buy red garbage, self serving BS. Give me a blue or green 8gb nano and shut the guy up :D

GoCubsGo
Nov 4, 2006, 09:38 PM
I love the red and the green and I am torn on what color to buy.

Scarlet Fever
Nov 4, 2006, 09:47 PM

what colour would they chose for intestinal cancer? :p cues joke about a certain shade of Zune...

musicpenguy
Nov 4, 2006, 09:51 PM
I love the red, I went in the apple store the day they released them and it stands above all other nano configurations, it is simply an amazing color paired with the white.

psycoswimmer
Nov 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
I recently went to an Apple Store and saw the red about 2 days after it was on Oprah. :D If I ever got a Nano, I'd definitly get a Red 8gb.

On the other hand, if I spent $249 to get a Red 8gb Nano, I'd probably just get a 30gb video for the same price. :o

SkyBell
Nov 4, 2006, 11:15 PM
Imagine if they made a BROWN nano.... I suppose if the brown Zune becomes popular (not a snowball's chance in hell ;) ) Apple might try to make a brown iPod.

Now that I think about it, that would be creepy... :eek:

fatandlazy11
Nov 4, 2006, 11:17 PM
I'd buy one just to say I bought one :D

Bubbasteve
Nov 4, 2006, 11:43 PM
Imagine if they made a BROWN nano.... I suppose if the brown Zune becomes popular (not a snowball's chance in hell ;) ) Apple might try to make a brown iPod.

Now that I think about it, that would be creepy... :eek:

I think it's safe to say Apple would never stoop that low as to make a brown iPod...but I certainly have been wrong before...

feelthefire
Nov 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
Just picked up a red 8gb...it's sweet. took 20 minutes to get a guy at the apple store to help me part with my money but it was a good day and I'm really liking it so far.

zac4mac
Nov 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
Got a Red 4GB when they came out because I like the red and white, the donation to AIDS relief is a bonus but not the deal maker.

What I'm really interested in though, is what did they do to the screen and are they doing it on the full size Pods too. My nano is a couple of weeks old now, with no case and the screen is still scratch free.

esabourin
Nov 5, 2006, 05:22 PM
honestly,, the red is ugly,, it doesn't fit with apple's image, i like how they brought back the old mini colours,,which were cool, but now with red, it throws it off...they should just stick to the original ipod mini clours,,,except gold (LMAO that was ugly), yea..

student_trap
Nov 6, 2006, 06:54 PM
hmmm, i plan to buy a 8GB nano tomorrow, but cant side between the red and the black! any thoughts? has there been any issues with the black ones?

Xander562
Nov 6, 2006, 06:58 PM
I think it's safe to say Apple would never stoop that low as to make a brown iPod...but I certainly have been wrong before...

Behold!
http://www.colorwarepc.com/_inventoryImages/images/color_choice_ipodVideo/Sand.jpg

Actually it's called "sand" but it's pretty close to brown.

feelthefire
Nov 6, 2006, 06:58 PM
I think the red looks quite sharp, actually. I'm really liking mine, and I'm usually pretty girly.

Matches my red RAZR quite nicely. Props to apple to making a more useable, less neon color that's not as somber as black.

student_trap
Nov 6, 2006, 07:04 PM
Props to apple to making a more useable, less neon color that's not as somber as black.

my issue is that i love the red one, but find the colours of the other nanos to bright, making concentrating on the screen a chore. the black is nice but a little sombre. does the red one glare as much as the others? i haven't seen it in the flesh yet?

ready2switch
Nov 8, 2006, 09:04 AM
I was really bummed that the 8gig was only in black when they were first released. When the red nano came out, I loved it right away, but I had convinced myself that 4gig is too small for my collection. Now that they've introduced an 8gig red nano I'm sold! Getting one this week as soon as I can make it to my local Apple store. :D

feelthefire
Nov 8, 2006, 12:57 PM
the red isn't very distracting. It's not as "neon" as the other colors. Black is obviously going to be the least intrusive but I actually quite like the way my screen looks with the red.

macg4
Nov 8, 2006, 01:43 PM
i like the new color myself. i think it was about time for a new color ipod anyway

BBA
Nov 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
I like it. I am still debating whether to get the red or the blue one for the holidays.

solvs
Nov 8, 2006, 11:28 PM
I like my red 4GB nano. It's very subtle. More than you'd think.

macg4
Nov 9, 2006, 12:25 AM
I like it. I am still debating whether to get the red or the blue one for the holidays.go red

Bubbasteve
Nov 9, 2006, 01:03 AM
Behold!
http://www.colorwarepc.com/_inventoryImages/images/color_choice_ipodVideo/Sand.jpg

Actually it's called "sand" but it's pretty close to brown.

eek...

* I know this board doesn't like one word replies but that's the best way I could describe this picture....

feelthefire
Nov 9, 2006, 08:31 AM
The same company that makes the sand color also uses a Mocha color that actually doesn't look bad at all.

bill4588
Nov 9, 2006, 09:39 AM
i actually like that "sand" color....but red...NO...lol

dtp
Nov 9, 2006, 09:41 AM
The fact that Apple released the red 8gb model is what spurred me to replace my old blue iPod mini. The 4gb just wasn't big enough for me, and I didn't want black. This way, I get a colour that I like, and get some of my money donated to charity. Win all round. :D

Maccus Aurelius
Nov 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
Got a Red 4GB when they came out because I like the red and white, the donation to AIDS relief is a bonus but not the deal maker.

What I'm really interested in though, is what did they do to the screen and are they doing it on the full size Pods too. My nano is a couple of weeks old now, with no case and the screen is still scratch free.

When the new nanos came out i was wondering the same thing, but remember the nano's screen is also pretty tiny, and the entire unit no longer has a scratch-prone face to suffer the wrath of keys fingers and abrasive cloth. Larger ipods will probably still need a case, since the more screen area you have the more likely something will hit it, regardless of the rest of the casing around it. Now i wonder how good an ipod's screen would look if it was a matte or at least nearly matte finish like the mac display screen. wouldnt that be a tad more resistant to scratches? with the ipod destined to be larger to be truly video, who knows what apple will do.

Also, IF a touch screen ipod comes into existence, it would probably do better to not have that glossy display.

GrizzledVeteran
Nov 10, 2006, 10:32 AM
What about a red MacBook? I'd be all over it.

jholzner
Nov 10, 2006, 03:44 PM
My sister just bought an 8gig Red nano today. She didn't like the black one even though she wanted the 8gig. She was just going to get the 4gig in blue until they released the 8gig in Red. It seems Apple is losing a lot of sales on the higher end nano by only have the 8gig in black (and now red).

feelthefire
Nov 10, 2006, 03:52 PM
but, of course, apple understands this, and the way these things are priced probably leads to the 4GB having the highest profits for them overall. That's what's going to sell like hotcakes this christmas and apple knew that all along.

Meanwhile, i'm rocking my red 8Gb and having a great time. Wish someone would come up with a silicone case that's not frosted, making it look pink, but alas.

macg4
Nov 11, 2006, 08:22 AM
how do u like your red ipod?

Abstract
Nov 11, 2006, 04:51 PM

Wow, those are my 2 favourites as well. Are we the only two people? I think it's a 2-way tie for me in terms of which is my favourite, although I'm favouring the red model since we can't get it at all in Australia. :o