PDA

View Full Version : Buying an iSight for my parents' eMac...

seenew
Nov 4, 2006, 07:32 PM
For Christmas, I thought I'd get my parents an iSight so they could keep in touch with my sister and I while we're at college. I heard some rumors a while back about a possible update-- did this ever happen?

fivetoadsloth
Nov 4, 2006, 07:49 PM
no updates yet and i doubt there will be, no really new technology out.

EMKoper
Nov 4, 2006, 08:02 PM
For Christmas, I thought I'd get my parents an iSight so they could keep in touch with my sister and I while we're at college. I heard some rumors a while back about a possible update-- did this ever happen?
I thought the requirements for iChat to use iSight were pretty strict... might want to check the eMac can utilize the full capability... I'll check and see if I can find any documentation ... :confused:

<edit> maybe they aren't 'that' demanding for 1v1 video... maybe I was thinking of multi-video conference ... from Apple page (http://www.apple.com/au/macosx/features/ichat/)....

Tymmz
Nov 4, 2006, 08:13 PM
As I stated a few times before I think there will be an update.

How about an iSight bundled with a remote, front row and photobooth. for all the ppc/mac pro users.

pianoman
Nov 4, 2006, 08:30 PM
As I stated a few times before I think there will be an update.

How about an iSight bundled with a remote, front row and photobooth. for all the ppc/mac pro users.

how do you explain the recent anavailability of the iSight and it's reappearance with no such features? do you presume this update will come before Christmas? at MWSF?

i think the iSight would be a great gift for those purposes and should fit your needs fine, seenew.

Karpfish
Nov 4, 2006, 09:48 PM
Ya the isight just came back in stock, with no updates. I ordered one mid september for my sister in college(she has an ibook) so we could vid conference. I was eexoecting an update, but it came today and its the same. It doesnt matter, still is great.

seenew
Nov 6, 2006, 08:18 PM
...wait, didn't the iSight use to be like $99? Why is it $149 now?

eXan
Nov 6, 2006, 09:26 PM
...wait, didn't the iSight use to be like $99? Why is it $149 now?

It was 149$ for life.