Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by digitalgiant
go take a look. Looks cool enough.

While I would agree if someone were to say the old design was getting dated I would have to disagree about the usefulness of the new page. The new design is pure havoc. It's way too busy. It's really easy to get lost in the amount of information they are trying to get across in such a small area.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
It sure doesn't seem to implement Apples normal ease of use now does it?

But hey if you can't seem to find what you need or want then you obviously shouldn't be using a computer.

I myself would rather buy stuff in person from a store with real people in a real world :)

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Nothing too mind boggling...there's much worse out there so I'm cool with it. It's not like it's hard to click on a nice fat picture of a computer now is it? And I don't tend to buy from the online store (except for my iPod) so yeah...worries me little.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I like the new design, but I have to agree with MacBandit. It is a little too busy, but it seems like it's still pretty easy to navigate. I'm sure with time, and frequent visits, it'll grow on me even more.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Its ok, but its not as clean as the last design. This one is a little more cluttered, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

I did find it hard to find things before, this new design is a little simpler, even with the clutter.

D

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i checked it real quick right before i went to school and i couldnt even find the damn ibook button. my eyes were going every which way. once i got to school i could take a better look. but its good what they did, its so much stuff your eyes check out lots of products before your eyes hit the computers, it will get more products to buy in some peoples head.

iJon

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
when it comes to computers, i really prefer to buy online. sales people are just that. sales people. i don't need their opinion and it definetely can't be trusted.

i've never been to an apple store and maybe when i go one day that will all change.. we can hope anyway

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
i notice the sign up for 1 click is on the home page....wondert why thats there now ;) getting readdy for the music service....i guess its always been used but now its a little easier to find.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
This is just an FYI. The salespeople at the Apple Store in Tampa told us they were not paid a commission, so... while sales people will always be sales people, they are MUCH less pushy than people working for CompUSA (where the pay relies heavily on commission) and other computer companies' stores, like Gateway, who also rely on commission.

Anyway, just a thought...

Alia

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Well, it may just be from years of using the old one, but I hate the new layout. Way too much stuff in a small area. I, too had a hard time even finding the iBook area. I'll have to fiddle some more with it.

Regards,
Gus

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i kinda like it, but it is a litle busy. i think it'll grow on everyone. i can't remember the old online store before the one that just changed. was there even one?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by digitalgiant
go take a look. Looks cool enough.

and a speed bumped ibook...very nice!!

i like the software selection in gui on the site...cute pix

apple is primarily a software company...it's what makes a mac a mac

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by jefhatfield
and a speed bumped ibook...very nice!!

i dont get why people are excited about the new ibooks because they dont have any new specs except processor speed bump and another hd option. and it still boots into os 9 which sj said wasn't going to be in 03.
sorry if it's off topic, it was just here.

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
Minot, North Dakota
Personally, I love the new design, and wish it's style were taken to the individual product pages (when selecting a PowerMac model, for example, I scoff at the design).

Too busy? Pshaw!

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I wonder if the other pages of the store will be redesigned as well. I sure hope they will be. My school's education page still features the old store design, and I'd like to see a complete change, and not just one to the store's main page.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i dont get why people are excited about the new ibooks because they dont have any new specs except processor speed bump and another hd option. and it still boots into os 9 which sj said wasn't going to be in 03.

i didn't know that ibooks still booted into os 9

i knew os x was not on schedule since its release, but with the ibook's g3fx processor with 512k level 2, full speed cache, i agree that ibook should boot into os x:rolleyes:

maybe next time for ibook

at least os 9 is better than windows xp

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

[ Bat least os 9 is better than windows xp [/B]
actually xp for me(note keyword "me") has been great. much more stable than any previos x system was. the only thing i like about 9 is when the system gets hosed its a matter of 15 minunts until your back in business. with xp i gotta format and start all over.

iJon

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

at least os 9 is better than windows xp

i disagree if I had to choose between an os9 laptop or a winxp laptop assuming they had all the same features and price i would choose the xp laptop. I love osx and it beats xp anyday but xp works fine in my experience.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by bennetsaysargh

Many schools rely on the iBook, and many rely on OS 9.

Don't mean to hijack, hope someone didn't say that before.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i think since they kepy os 9 on the iBooks, they had to leave out bluetooth and airport extreme due to a lack of support for them in os 9.

and what was that hijack thing?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Apple store has a new look

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
i disagree if I had to choose between an os9 laptop or a winxp laptop assuming they had all the same features and price i would choose the xp laptop. I love osx and it beats xp anyday but xp works fine in my experience.

i like XP but the more i use it, the more i realize they borrowed the look and feel of OSX

doesn't anyone here wonder how microsoft got away with "borrowing" again?

even the name "X" "P", seems too close to OS "X"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.