PDA

View Full Version : Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh -- $400.00!

City of Glass
Apr 22, 2003, 06:25 AM
I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2724311262&category=4610

Mr. Anderson
Apr 22, 2003, 07:09 AM
That is a very cool machine. I wonder if they'll ever do anything like it again?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how many of these things were made?

D

evoluzione
Apr 22, 2003, 08:14 AM
the "buy it now" option is $715 though, so the reserve is going to be near that, if not exactly that.

NavyIntel007
Apr 22, 2003, 09:33 AM
As far as macs go, this belongs in a museum. I don't know how really useful it would be. For $700, I'd rather buy a cube.

bennetsaysargh
Apr 22, 2003, 10:13 AM
i wish that apple would make some cool designs loike that again. it's like a concep car, only a computer. it looks way ahead of it's time, and that's what i like about it.

Eniregnat
Apr 22, 2003, 12:46 PM
It looks like the specs are better than my iTang.
Neat, but I have more use for a more recent iMac.

Did you bid?

City of Glass
Apr 22, 2003, 03:22 PM
Eniregat,

If you meant me in your last post, no, I did not bid (too expensive for this starving artist). I did, however, place a bid on THIS unique Apple product . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2724280545&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

Check it out.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

bennetsaysargh
Apr 22, 2003, 03:35 PM
that's awsome! even the insides are the old apple colors! is it a machine that you would use if get it? how fast is it? that is so awsome. i hope you win.

Eniregnat
Apr 22, 2003, 03:42 PM
Beautiful and strange.
I never saw a an Apple//e like that.
Good luck on the bid.

Macmaniac
Apr 22, 2003, 04:27 PM
That is so cool. No more to say.

MrMacMan
Apr 23, 2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by City of Glass
Eniregat,

If you meant me in your last post, no, I did not bid (too expensive for this starving artist). I did, however, place a bid on THIS unique Apple product . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2724280545&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

Check it out.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

Thats nice, I was gonna out-bid you, but then you send the link to me, so I can't do that now can I?

City of Glass
Apr 23, 2003, 01:32 AM
bennetsaysargh,

I'll probably turn it on. I'm imagining it somewhere amidst my collection, LEDs glowing red, the color of life and energy.

I have a fairly substantial array, including the whole Mac-128k through Mac SE/30 lineup, and one NeXT Cube with its daughter, the NeXT station. The Cube's mobo is 12" by 12"! And it glows in the dark!

Ha ha . . . anyway, thanks a lot for your support. :)

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

bennetsaysargh
Apr 23, 2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by City of Glass
bennetsaysargh,

I'll probably turn it on. I'm imagining it somewhere amidst my collection, LEDs glowing red, the color of life and energy.

I have a fairly substantial array, including the whole Mac-128k through Mac SE/30 lineup, and one NeXT Cube with its daughter, the NeXT station. The Cube's mobo is 12" by 12"! And it glows in the dark!

Ha ha . . . anyway, thanks a lot for your support. :)

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

that's awsome! i wish i had that kind of money, eespecially when i don't have a job

5300cs
Apr 25, 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
That is a very cool machine. I wonder if they'll ever do anything like it again?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how many of these things were made?

D

11,000 was the number that I read somewhere. Of course, I live in Japan so there are very few. Most are still in the U.S. I'm guessing.

$700 for a TAM.. it doesn't pay to be a collector anywhere else but in the U.S. .. :-P

Apple's 30th Anniversary will be coming in a few years, I wonder if they have anything up their collective sleeves?

bennetsaysargh
Apr 25, 2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 5300cs
Apple's 30th Anniversary will be coming in a few years, I wonder if they have anything up their collective sleeves?

i cant wait to see what the 30th aniversery looks like!

croozer
Jul 11, 2003, 01:29 PM
Hey people,
The 20th anniv mac is worth $$$ just for those awesome sounding Bose speakers which alone must be worth at least $600 if not more.

Think of it --- it's the ultimate home MP3 machine!
Just take all the other software off and fill it up with TUNES!!

-c

5300cs
Jul 11, 2003, 06:26 PM
That's what I do. I put in a PCI 10/100 Ethernet card and toss over mp3s from my TiBook into WinAmp and it works great. :)

Vector
Jul 11, 2003, 07:06 PM
Does it worry anyone else that his ~$10,000 TAM is sitting next to a drill press?:)

Sun Baked
Jul 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
I thought we got rid of Citizen Sane aka City of Glass...

Why did somebody have to drag up this dead thread?

He was selling so much stuff and his story and name kept changing (but the email address tripped him up) that he smelled fishy, along with those idiotic ramblings.

I wouldn't worry about the machine