Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I've had the base model macbook since about early august, and the laptop has been working fine. Latly though when Ive been streaming videos the fan would start the mooish type noise. I installed the firware update and all, now the fan just runs all the time really low.

So now with the fan running all the time and that buzzing noise coming from the top left side im sitting here thinking was this all worth it?

Did i get myself in the hole by getting an early Apple product?

or are most laptop comuters like this and the MacBook is a dream compared to the noise other laptops make - ie Sony, IBM, Dell etc.

i just dont know, I've started thinking maybe I should just sell this macbook on ebay overseas and make the money the I've paid for it and buy a Core 2 duo Macbook, those should have things worked out in them right?

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
have you tried calling applecare?

and say what exactly? i mean its not like they'll be like, oh yea you got some bad parts, we'll just replace them with the correct parts right away :D

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I've had the base model macbook since about early august, and the laptop has been working fine. Latly though when Ive been streaming videos the fan would start the mooish type noise. I installed the firware update and all, now the fan just runs all the time really low.

So now with the fan running all the time and that buzzing noise coming from the top left side im sitting here thinking was this all worth it?

Did i get myself in the hole by getting an early Apple product?

or are most laptop comuters like this and the MacBook is a dream compared to the noise other laptops make - ie Sony, IBM, Dell etc.

i just dont know, I've started thinking maybe I should just sell this macbook on ebay overseas and make the money the I've paid for it and buy a Core 2 duo Macbook, those should have things worked out in them right?

Call AppleCare and be very persistent. I was, and after a few weeks of back-and-forth, Apple finally agreed to replace my five-month old MacBook (and its noisy, grindy fan) with a brand new machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.