Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
I did a search on "LWFN" and I got a post which a person had similar experience but his solution I did not understand. Is there a way to install LWFN fonts since my Font Book does not seem to recognize them or allow me to install them.

Thank You

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
No, because apparently it's only one part of what is needed.

Type 1 Fonts on a Mac:
Two files are required to use a Type 1 font on the Mac. Both are resource files. The font outline data is stored in a file with type LWFN and is analogous to the PFB file on a PC. A separate file with both a FOND resource and bitmap font is also required.

http://www.asy.com/fonts.htm

It's not often that you'll see these extensions/properties on fonts... these files are next to useless by themselves.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
No, because apparently it's only one part of what is needed.

http://www.asy.com/fonts.htm

It's not often that you'll see these extensions/properties on fonts... these files are next to useless by themselves.

Yeah seems like my company to use old fonts instead of more modern type (not referring to style but format)

BUT OMFG that site rocks!!!

Edit: tested out what the site recommended and yet the font is not being recognized

Does Anyone know how install these fonts

hawkssigns

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2010
Solution

You will need to use the 'DD Expander" to change the LWFN into a bitmap file if it is still condensed.
Then you will need to use both the bitmap and true type font that should be with it in the same file. I was able to use this font only on my older system 9 computer(back up computer). Since I do not have system 9 on my G4(os10.4) I was not able to try these fonts on the newer os system. If you have os9 and something like a extensis suitcase 9 you should be able to load LWFN fonts into your system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.