Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frogfroggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Yesterday night I shut down my Macbook and left it OFF during the whole night, this morning (german time) I found that my Macbook was hot and the fan was running like crazy, even though the Macbook was OFF (???) How is that possible, I have not even turned it on and didnt even touch it, nobody touched it....
Help please....

I also forgot to mention that the Macbook was not respodning at all, I tried to turn on the computer but no response.... -_-

bobjob186

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2005
Laguna Beach
this happens sometimes when you shut down your notebook and either close the case to soon or halt the shut down process before it's completly shut down. I also had an imac g5 that would blair full fans and processor when the computer was asleep and I took it in and they replaced the power supply and logic board and it was fixed. So look into both.

frogfroggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
And today morning when I was in the university, I went back home for lunch and then I saw that the fan was running ~ :confused: kinda weird.
Is this a kernel panic?

But when I shut down the computer I waited until the screen was black and then closed the lid and it was not sleeping at all.... Ill keep on watching ~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.