Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Hey all,

This problem has happened to me three times so far....If I restart my computer and hold down option the bootcamp menu appears (as it should)...and then when XP finally loads up my mouse cursor won't move and my keyboard doesn't work...

Unofrtunately, I need XP for my VB.Net class...if I have to reinstall XP for the upteenth time I'm going to have to go to my teacher's office and get the discs from her...I don't have a problem getting the discs but it's just inconvenient -- especially if somebody out there had a similar problem and can assist me in fixing mine.

Please answer ASAP thanks everyone!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Do you have anything besides the KB & mouse plugged in?

This kind of thing seems to happen during device detection or when SP2 is missing...

B

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Can you get into safe mode fine every single time? Could be something that was recently installed...you can use system restore to go back to a previous date. Have you checked the event viewer logs to see if there are any messages that could guide you in the right direction?

Hey all,

This problem has happened to me three times so far....If I restart my computer and hold down option the bootcamp menu appears (as it should)...and then when XP finally loads up my mouse cursor won't move and my keyboard doesn't work...

Unofrtunately, I need XP for my VB.Net class...if I have to reinstall XP for the upteenth time I'm going to have to go to my teacher's office and get the discs from her...I don't have a problem getting the discs but it's just inconvenient -- especially if somebody out there had a similar problem and can assist me in fixing mine.

Please answer ASAP thanks everyone!

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Can you get into safe mode fine every single time? Could be something that was recently installed...you can use system restore to go back to a previous date. Have you checked the event viewer logs to see if there are any messages that could guide you in the right direction?

Now that I think about it...it hasn't worked since I installed the Zune software on my XP partition (don't ask me why, I just was curious to see what it was all about)...some coincidence.

I don't have my install discs at home (i'm home from college for Thanksgiving)...but once I have the install discs what can I do if my keyboard and mouse won't sync? will XP automatically see that I have an XP boot disc in the drive? Do I have to press a certain button -- sorry I'm sort of a newb when it comes to XP

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
is windows broken? wow! I had a similar problem to you. For some reason if i just kept restarting it over and over and over until it finally came to life. Has been working fine since. I know this isn much help but it worked for me. You know windows... needs a kick to get going:rolleyes:

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
is windows broken? wow! I had a similar problem to you. For some reason if i just kept restarting it over and over and over until it finally came to life. Has been working fine since. I know this isn much help but it worked for me. You know windows... needs a kick to get going:rolleyes:
That fixed my problem once before but I've booted into windows about 20 times, rather, I TRIED to boot into Windows 20 times....I'll try a couple more times

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.