Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I am a former Windows user. I have an awesome program called "DVD Lab Pro" for Windows that gives me full control over DVD authoring.

Now that I'm using a Mac and Final Cut, all of my files are quicktime which is giving me problems with compatability when I try to use them in windows. It can be overcome but it would be a lot easier if I could get a program for my Mac.

Does anyone know if a reasonably affordable pro dvd authoring program from OSX (universal) ?

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Thanks. That program looks awesome.

I already have Final Cut Express though and can't afford the whole studio... are there any standalone apps?

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Thanks. That program looks awesome.

I already have Final Cut Express though and can't afford the whole studio... are there any standalone apps?

Unless you are using a MacIntel, pick up a copy of DVD Studio Pro 3.0. It hasn't changed too much over the years. Then you can upgrade from it too the whole suite at a nice discount when you get the cash.

Edit: better yet... buy Soundtrack Pro (stand alone) on eBay and upgrade to the whole suite for $199!

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Isn't Encore for Windows only?? I see no mention of Mac on Adobes system requirements

Adobe announced that they are bringing back the entire production suite to the Mac in 2007. So eventually he will have that option.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Ive never actually used this software so I am unsure as to how well it works and if you have true control over all the DVD options, but Toast may be an option.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Ive never actually used this software so I am unsure as to how well it works and if you have true control over all the DVD options, but Toast may be an option.

Toast allows you to add basic DVD menus, but from what I can tell from briefly using it, there's MUCH less control than in iDVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.