PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a line 6 POD for recording?

vendettabass
Nov 26, 2006, 11:20 AM
hey there, just wondering if anyone used any of line 6's gear for recording.. especially the PODXT Live! I was thinking of getting one to record on my iBook, and was wondering what the quality was like!

thanks for any replies!

dornoforpyros
Nov 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yup, I've got an older Line 6 pod...umm I think it's version 2?
Anyways I used it for all this: http://www.icompositions.com/artists/dornoforpyros
(http://www.icompositions.com/artists/dornoforpyros)

I'd say it's worth the money for what you want, it's much easier than trying to mic an amp or even just run an amp direct line in.

vendettabass
Nov 26, 2006, 12:19 PM
good tunes dude! I think I'll nail a PODXT Live for xmas!

now.. would the unit (USB) suffer any performance hit if it were to be used with an ACD into a Macbook, ie.. like a USB hub?

Gaz

wmmk
Nov 26, 2006, 02:38 PM
hey there, just wondering if anyone used any of line 6's gear for recording.. especially the PODXT Live! I was thinking of getting one to record on my iBook, and was wondering what the quality was like!

thanks for any replies!
why not just get a TonePort? They're a lot more flexible with computers.

CanadaRAM
Nov 26, 2006, 02:56 PM
The earlier Pods did not have any digital connection, so they would have to plug into the audio input or into another interface.

The Pod XT Live has a USB interface. The drawback is it doesn't seem to have any microphone input, just a line-in for a CD or perhaps a mixer or mic pre.

The TonePort series are more flexible in this regard. Another one to look at is the M-Audio Black Box.

dornoforpyros
Nov 27, 2006, 12:53 AM
The earlier Pods did not have any digital connection, so they would have to plug into the audio input or into another interface.

This is true, as I mentioned mine is an older Pod and it has no USB on it. I'm just running it directly into my g5's input jack.

CHMC
Dec 1, 2006, 02:56 PM
I own a Flextone3, basically an Amp with a POD built right in; it's awesome! I programmed my Novation Remote so I control the Flextone all by midi, so I don't have to reach out @ the amp for changing settings. Tone is great, mic sims are great...just buy it ;)

vendettabass
Dec 3, 2006, 05:15 AM
OK guys I got my PODXT live yesterday, and was wondering if I could use it, instead of plugging into a guitar amp, into the iPod HiFi i'll be getting for xmas? It'd be cool for jamming to at uni! If not, what would I need to get?

Also, the POD isnt' working with Garageband. I changed all the settings in preferences (making the POD my default audio in) and Garageband doesnt seem to react to the POD! :(