PDA

View Full Version : iMAC Resolution

dualburn001
Feb 27, 2002, 09:51 PM
Hey has anyone played around with photoshop on the imac yet?
If you guys did was the resolution too small or was it alirght beacuse I heard people complaining if you do photoshop you'll have to squinch.
I'm in the middle of getting mine and I was just thinking about to get a 19 inch CRT with it or will the 15 inch LCD be fine. Well I'll thank you guys in advance for the help.

Dualburn001

dualburn001
Feb 28, 2002, 03:19 PM
i know i posted, but it already got of the main page, and I really need to know if to get the 19 inch CRT or not. I'm not trying to be annoying or anything I just need help.

Dualburn001

mischief
Feb 28, 2002, 03:28 PM
Photoshop generates more pallettes per square inch than most apps save FinalcutPro. Adding a CRT won't get you 2 contiguous screens (extended desktop mode) it'll get you 2 identical screens (mirroring). so adding a CRT just makes for a redundant screen. If you want to do any Apps that are so pallette happy I suggest you get a tower.

menoinjun
Feb 28, 2002, 03:29 PM
Well, I don't have the new iMac, but I've used 15" lcds at that res and as long as you don't mind constantly resizing the image, it's usuable. Now, I wouldn't go with anything lower than 17" myself, but that's just me. If you don't mind buying a new monitor, then definitely get the CRT!! Better yet, samsung has some great 17" LCD's for reasonable prices nowadays.

-Pete