PDA

View Full Version : Lost Posts in iTunes Thread

arn
Dec 12, 2006, 12:05 PM
We appear to have lost posts in the original iTunes Sales thread with a thread-merge gone wrong.

It may have been due to some weird simultanous thread merge. I'm looking into it, but looking at the database, I don't think the posts are recoverable.

Sorry... hopefully it won't happen again.

arn

mkrishnan
Dec 12, 2006, 12:05 PM
I was thinking about PM'ing about this, but thanks for the explanatory note. And as always, for how hard you work to make this the best Mac community on the planet, Arn! :)

puckhead193
Dec 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
is that why in my thread the last post (mine) is their but when you go back to the itunes forums to see all the threads, it says that john's light bulb was last to post... :confused:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=259585

shunpike
Dec 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks 4 the clarification - ur doing a gr8 job - thnx

WildCowboy
Dec 12, 2006, 12:24 PM
is that why in my thread the last post (mine) is their but when you go back to the itunes forums to see all the threads, it says that john's light bulb was last to post... :confused:

That is odd, but doesn't seem to be related to the merging issue. For some reason, the forum index page isn't seeing your last post in that thread, since it lists Jon'sLightBulbs as the last poster (though the link takes me to your profile) and only lists two replies, while there are actually three replies in the thread.

Markleshark
Dec 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
Ahhh, I wasn't going mad then. Oh well, not to worry.

puckhead193
Dec 12, 2006, 12:28 PM
That is odd, but doesn't seem to be related to the merging issue. For some reason, the forum index page isn't seeing your last post in that thread, since it lists Jon'sLightBulbs as the last poster (though the link takes me to your profile) and only lists two replies, while there are actually three replies in the thread.

ya i thought it was odd too - i think i posted it about the same time the forum went down the other day for updates, could that have something to do with it?
(any one have a suggestions for a nano case; that thread died ;) )

balamw
Dec 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
FWIW, the poll attached to the new thread seems to be broken here too.

B

arn
Dec 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
ya i thought it was odd too - i think i posted it about the same time the forum went down the other day for updates, could that have something to do with it?
(any one have a suggestions for a nano case; that thread died ;) )

yeah... I'm pretty sure that's unrelated, and has to do with the update. the post table was locked at the time, so it just didn't update the thread info. I can run a manual update on threads later tonight to resync that.

arn

shunpike
Dec 12, 2006, 12:37 PM
FWIW, the poll attached to the new thread seems to be broken here too.

B

What poll?

WildCowboy
Dec 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
What poll?

There's a poll at the top of the new iTunes thread that is closed with zero votes.

balamw
Dec 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
There's a poll at the top of the new iTunes thread that is closed with zero votes.

And no choices. :p

B

shunpike
Dec 12, 2006, 12:43 PM

B

so there is - sorry my error :( :( :(

WildCowboy
Dec 12, 2006, 01:28 PM

There are no choices here at MacRumors...you will be assimilated.

mkrishnan
Dec 12, 2006, 01:33 PM
There are no choices here at MacRumors...you will be assimilated.

And lubed? Or are we not doing that anymore? :o

arn
Dec 12, 2006, 07:14 PM
It looks like this was a vBulletin bug with two people merging threads simultaneously. Hopefully won't happen again, we're patched now to block such an occurance.

arn