Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
How does one order replacement headphones from Apple? Is it possible?

Just the other day the left earbud stopped working in my headphones, and I was wondering about the possibility of getting new ones.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
If your iPod is still under warranty or reasonably close, you can go here to order a free replacement (hang old to the broken set, they may want them back as proof).

If you're out of warranty, they will want $25 or so through the repair site. The standard earbuds are also now sold through the regular Apple store, search for MA662 (exact model number depends on country, but that string ought to work in all of them).

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Thanks. The iPod isn't really under warranty any more. I believe I got around the beginning of November last year.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Thanks. The iPod isn't really under warranty any more. I believe I got around the beginning of November last year.
Try the support thing first anyway (it will warn you ahead of time if they intend to charge), sometimes they are flexible about the timing.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I've got a pair of Shure e2c's, but I need another cheap-o pair for regular use. I hate using Shure e2c's regularly because when people are talking I hardly notice. :rolleyes: :D

Edit: I just entered my serial # and all that other info, and the payment: $29.50!!! Little steep. Looks like I won't be getting new ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.