PDA

View Full Version : this may be a stupid question

mkaake
May 3, 2003, 01:04 PM
this may be a stupid question, but i haven't seen anything on it in my 20 mins or so of actually knowing what folding is.

is there a client that runs on strait unix machines?

matt

howard
May 3, 2003, 01:43 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=21908

there you go

and there is no such thing as a stupid question...only stupid people...i think...yeah

mkaake
May 3, 2003, 01:45 PM
i took the time to read the readme and faq from before, but when i went to the actual site, i didn't see any client for unix... only windoze, linix and os x...

matt

Stelliform
May 3, 2003, 07:36 PM
That is a good question. I do not think that they have a "Unix" client. If I were you i would give the Linux version a shot and if it didn't work then I would write them. But I seem to remember reading something on the lack of clients....

mkaake
May 3, 2003, 07:44 PM
The reason i was curious about a unix client is due to the fact that here at my school (kettering.edu), we have hundreds of computers, and a good prolly 1/4 of those are unix machines. I was beggining to imagine how awesome 100 or so unix machines would do chugging away at those, because they're only used a fraction of the day - the windoze machines are a diff. story, as from what i've read, they may or may not work while logged off...

just thinking. (oh, and if they had it for os 9, i'd be game... but i'm stuck in my os 9 world by money)

matt

MrMacMan
May 3, 2003, 09:34 PM
yeah there never was like 100 people asking for a Os 9 folding because most of the 'pre-os X' are slow and would run folding slowly... :(