PDA

View Full Version : Macpro - Headphone port on front

^squirrel^
Dec 15, 2006, 04:23 AM
Dear all,

In osx i am unable to automatically get the headphones to work without having to go into System Prefs>Sound>Output and select headphones. In Windows it picks up the headphone jack and plays my music without any issues.

Does anyone know how i can configure my machine to play music through the headphones without having to make manual changes when they are plugged in?

Thanks

Darren

Sesshi
Dec 15, 2006, 04:32 AM
There's this (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/) or a soundcard with a headphone out.

crazycat
Dec 15, 2006, 04:44 AM
I dont have a problem with my mac pro, when i insert th eheadphones it just works. What kind of headphones are you using?

^squirrel^
Dec 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
I dont have a problem with my mac pro, when i insert th eheadphones it just works. What kind of headphones are you using?

Sony mdr-xd200. I must have a setting incorrect in my preferences. I thought it should just default to the front headphone socket when detected.

However see link below

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-234051.html

akadmon
Dec 15, 2006, 07:50 AM
Dear all,

In osx i am unable to automatically get the headphones to work without having to go into System Prefs>Sound>Output and select headphones. In Windows it picks up the headphone jack and plays my music without any issues.

Does anyone know how i can configure my machine to play music through the headphones without having to make manual changes when they are plugged in?

Thanks

Darren

Hm. In my case the headphones work just fine, but the external speakers don't turn off automatically as they do in Windows. That's a bit annoying.

trainguy77
Dec 15, 2006, 01:53 PM
Well the headphones are the same as internal speakers. So if you set up your mac to play everything through the opitcal for example, you will need to change the settings to make headphones work. I just play my headphones into my amp.