PDA

View Full Version : My powerbook power cord is hopelessly stuck!

wdmurray
Dec 15, 2006, 06:16 AM
I'm the owner of a 2.5 year old Powebook G4 and my power cord won't disconnect from my computer!

I had been having a few minor issues with the reliability of the power adaptor, but nothing severe, and nothing outside the realm of normal wear and tear.

Yesterday morning I accidentally spilled a beer on my floor and a very small amount of it got on my power chord while disconnected from my mac. Rather than cleaning it I let it dry and forgot about it. Later that day I was working on the computer and noticed that my power chord won't budge. It still twists and makes every indication of wanting to come out, but it won't go beyond a certain point even when applying a good amount of force. Any suggestions?

Although I have pulled pretty hard in an attempt to dislodge it, I don't know enough about the power supply of the powerbook to feel comfortable giving it the firm pull it may need to unstick. Any ideas?

pianoman
Dec 15, 2006, 06:30 AM
the only ideas i have are to take it to an Apple store or give it that really firm tug. or you could simply never use your notebook wirelessly but i take it that's not a realistic option.