PDA

View Full Version : refurbished iPod

vancejohns
Dec 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
I have a 450 mhz g3 with iTunes 6 holding about 19,000 songs. I don't yet have and iPod and have been getting by cutting MP3 disks for portable & car player. I've decided to get an iPod but the new ones don't support firewire. However, I've discover apple refurbished iPods and I can get a 60gb (gen 4?) that supports photos but not video for $199. It apparently comes with the full Apple warranty and I'm not interested in the video capability anyway. Sounds like a winner to me. Any other opinions?

wwooden
Dec 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
The 4th gen iPods do support firewire, I can't remember if they come with one though, I'm pretty sure they do. It's only the 5th Gen. iPods and Nanos (and shuffles as well) that only support USB.

pianoman
Dec 19, 2006, 09:44 AM
sounds like a good deal. i've always regretted selling my 3rd generation iPod when i bought my nano. i would jump on one of those if the price was right. check eBay, too, but know that Apple has your back should there be any issues and eBay doesn't.

edit: bought a 3rd gen from a friend tonight so i can't say i'm without anymore :D

clevin
Dec 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
one of the refurbished iPods (I got two of them) i bough broke in a week, have to get it replaced at apple store, that was my first time refurbish experience, and doesn't feel good.

TFunke
Dec 19, 2006, 08:45 PM
i just bought the 4G iPod with click wheel (20GB, the monochrome screen one).

Really that one's worth it for the accessories alone - a USB cable, a FireWire cable, a wall charger (FireWire), and earphones + the iPod for $99

And get this: Mine came with the new earphones! ...even the 2G shuffle I got last month didn't come with the new earphones. Maybe all the refurbs are coming with them now.

So that's roughtly $100 worth of accessories, and essentially a free 20GB iPod. Such a great deal, I just had to post about it. :D I'm thinking about snatching up another one as a gift for some unfortunate iPod-less person.

oh and it works great too - I say go for the refurb if it gives you what you need at a good price.