PDA

View Full Version : Check the New Ipod Wide !

Fadisawa
Dec 20, 2006, 05:50 PM
Hi all,
Check the New Ipod Wide its really awesome with that big screen !!!

jsw
Dec 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
Odd how it has a different shape from the back than from the front.

Chaszmyr
Dec 20, 2006, 05:53 PM

Just goes to show it is real. Only Apple could design something to perfectly as to completely change our perceptions of space! :rolleyes:

zap2
Dec 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
I guess Apple also thought we needed a click wheel on the back and the front :)

Electro Funk
Dec 20, 2006, 08:11 PM
Fadi Sawaqedy thinks its real... :D

pianoman
Dec 20, 2006, 08:11 PM
is this supposed to be funny?

davidjearly
Dec 20, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'll rephrase:

I think Fadi needs to learn the concept of dimensions and scale and functionality and elegance and, well I could on forever.

I've seen bad mockups but this is ridiculous.

David

SkyBell
Dec 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
Are you guys kidding? This has to be one of the better mockups I've seen!

davidjearly
Dec 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
Are you guys kidding? This has to be one of the better mockups I've seen!

So, you'd like a scroll wheel on the back of your iPod which is also smaller than the front of the iPod due to being tailored at the sides?

I hope you are joking.

David

SkyBell
Dec 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
So, you'd like a scroll wheel on the back of your iPod which is also smaller than the front of the iPod due to being tailored at the sides?

I hope you are joking.

David

What are you talking about, isn't the scroll wheel supposed to be smaller?

As for it on the back, it's an interesting concept.

Mr_Brightside_@
Dec 20, 2006, 08:55 PM

lol chicken lol

clayj
Dec 20, 2006, 09:41 PM
Just goes to show it is real. Only Apple could design something to perfectly as to completely change our perceptions of space! :rolleyes:RDF, baby. Jobs has been working on it for years now.

davidjearly
Dec 21, 2006, 03:41 AM
What are you talking about, isn't the scroll wheel supposed to be smaller?

As for it on the back, it's an interesting concept.

No one said anything about the scroll wheel being smaller. We're talking about the actual front and back of this mockup being different dimensions...

As for the scroll wheel on the back...omg.

MacBoobsPro
Dec 21, 2006, 03:50 AM
"Let me field this one Ernie"

"Ok Bert"

1. One side is bigger than the other.
2. How can you use the scroll wheel on the back if you cant see the screen?
3. The bevel is MASSIVE and wastes loads of screen space.
4. There are about 4 different typefaces used for the image itself. :rolleyes:
5. The scroll wheel for the 'volume' :rolleyes: is a complete mess. The lines have different spacings between them and they are not centred with the rest of the wheel.
6. The Apple logo screen uses an ancient logo from what looks like 10.1 or earlier.
7. The line effect behind the ancient Apple logo is also similarly ancient and if it was reintroduced by Apple (which it will never be) it would be horizontal not vertical.
8. It says Design by Fadi Someone.
9. Ipod Wide is a crap name. BTW its iPod :D

Fadisawa
Dec 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
Well, I'm glad that you took the time to examine my design; I had this concept in mind for a while and given that I know a little bit about designing I managed to produce this image..... So to make your life easier this iPod doesnít exist yet or letís say is not in the market yet cause I really think that Mac will consider it :)
And as some of you had noticed, I wrote (designed by Fadi Sawaqedy) so give it a break and enjoy it.

MacboobsPro thanx for the detailed analysis and David Iím sure that you could on forever!!

I'll rephrase:

I think Fadi needs to learn the concept of dimensions and scale and functionality and elegance and, well I could on forever.

I've seen bad mockups but this is ridiculous.

David

Cassie Iím glad that you liked it :)

Regards to all

Fadi

whooleytoo
Dec 21, 2006, 07:17 AM
2. How can you use the scroll wheel on the back if you cant see the screen?

It's something I suggested a while back, putting the scroll wheel on the back means you can use the entire front for display, without having to use a touch-screen where your fingers will block your view; and scuff/smudge the screen.

You don't need to see the scroll wheel as you use the iPod; and (as this demo shows) you can still get visual feedback on the screen.

lexus
Dec 21, 2006, 08:40 AM

Very true

Cepe Indicum
Dec 21, 2006, 09:16 AM
Whilst I would agree that this is not the best design for the new iPod I have seen, I don't understand why everyone seems to be so hostile towards it... I always like to see people coming up with new ideas, posting them on MacRumors, and others providing constructive criticism! :(

My younger brother has a nano; he's always touching the screen with dirty fingers! The 'true video iPod' (whatever it may be called) will obviously be designed to play video, and therefore a clear, and clean, screen will be important.

I don't like the idea of a 'stylus' with an iPod, and thought the 'touch sensitive bevel' was a fantastic idea on behalf of Apple to overcome the problem of not being able to fit a scroll wheel on an iPod dominated by screen.

Equally, I'm holding my iPod now, and I can easily see how a scroll wheel on the reverse of the device could work... well done to Fadisawa (and whooleytoo) for 'thinking differently' :)

MacBoobsPro
Dec 21, 2006, 09:25 AM
Well, I'm glad that you took the time to examine my design; I had this concept in mind for a while and given that I know a little bit about designing I managed to produce this image..... So to make your life easier this iPod doesnít exist yet or letís say is not in the market yet cause I really think that Mac will consider it :)
And as some of you had noticed, I wrote (designed by Fadi Sawaqedy) so give it a break and enjoy it.

MacboobsPro thanx for the detailed analysis and David Iím sure that you could on forever!!

Cassie Iím glad that you liked it :)

Regards to all

Fadi

Hi Fadi. From your title it seemed as if you were posting it as 'not your own' and that it was a 'secret submission' and with it being your first post seemed very suspect. So apologies for being so harsh.

:)

mcmadhatter
Dec 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
Look at the first "front" image, all for boarders between the screen and edge are different sizes LOL, you should use the guides and ruler in photoshop tp line them up and make them even :p

I like the idea of the scroll wheel on the back rather than the front though it would probably take some getting used to. Not bad for a first fake mock up though.