PDA

View Full Version : Can't add a video file, why?

agrippa
Dec 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
Hi,
I have a problem with my Itunes and it's very rare. The program has never given me any trouble at all, it's great, except with this particular issue.

I have included movies in my itunes for a long time (over 12 hours of video!) but I can't add one particular file. It's like 30 minute long or perhaps more, I don't know if the size is causing the problem. Each time I try and add it itunes closes, I report the error but there is no explanation of why itunes shuts down or how to avoid it.

I have tried the file and it works perfectly it is compatible with my ipod video (mp4 or whatever extension) so it's not that. What can I do?

d wade
Dec 22, 2006, 01:28 AM
are you using iSquint?

agrippa
Dec 23, 2006, 01:53 AM
are you using iSquint?

No. Or I don't think so, I downloaded the itunes a while ago normally. I even added a new video file today and it worked, but it seems as if anything above 30 minutes causes this problem, is there anyway around it?

d wade
Dec 23, 2006, 01:43 PM
No. Or I don't think so, I downloaded the itunes a while ago normally. I even added a new video file today and it worked, but it seems as if anything above 30 minutes causes this problem, is there anyway around it?

google iSquint. download and install it.

once you open it, just drag the files you want converted/added to iTunes.

at the top select the box "add to iTunes"

then at the bottom click 'change'

once it is done, it will be in iTunes/iPod format, and automatically added to iTunes

simple, and never a problem.

agrippa
Dec 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
google iSquint. download and install it.

once you open it, just drag the files you want converted/added to iTunes.

at the top select the box "add to iTunes"

then at the bottom click 'change'

once it is done, it will be in iTunes/iPod format, and automatically added to iTunes

simple, and never a problem.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try. I have this program "Super" supposed to be a converter, takes for ever but normally it is pretty good (specially with small files) I don't know if you've had any experience with it. I'll uninstall Super and get the iSquint.

Thanks for your help, and by the way.... Ipod rules!!

d wade
Dec 23, 2006, 08:05 PM
I'll uninstall Super and get the iSquint.

good idea. post back your results.

agrippa
Dec 24, 2006, 12:56 AM
good idea. post back your results.

Tried and failed, apparently that program is only for Mac, and I use windows XP :( I'll try the "videora" I read about on google and post my results. My only complain with "Super" it's that this video can't be added and iTunes crashes, probably due to the size of the file (all the other videos I have are less than 30 minute long, that could be it), and also that some times if the file that it's converting is too big it'll stop or won't convert it completely or the file will have problems in it's execution.