PDA

View Full Version : Do you think apple will replace my shuffle earbuds?

pianodude123
Dec 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I'm sure this has already been asked, but I could not find it when i searched.

I got my shuffle today and as you know it came with the old style headphones. Do you think the Apple Store will replace this for me if I bring them in unused, or maybe even slightly used? I could always quote steve saying in the Keynote that the new shuffles come with the new earbuds....

Max Payne
Dec 23, 2006, 04:01 PM
No they don't. The shuffle comes with the old earpuds. I've got them so are all of the people who purchased the shuffle.

pianodude123
Dec 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
Have you tried to be the squeaky wheel at the apple store yet?

aristobrat
Dec 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
Have you tried to be the squeaky wheel at the apple store yet?
All of the replacements at my Apple store are the old style. Even if you bring in a set of the new kind that broke, they only have the old kind to give back out as replacements.

pianoman
Dec 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
a few people have gone to their Apple store and asked for the new earphones and some have been turned away empty-handed while others have walked away with what they wanted. i suppose it all depends on your disposition as well as that of the person who's helping you.

brownboi512
Dec 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
i got lucky with a mac genius who traded my old ones for new ones since the bass crapped out in one side.

buffalo
Dec 24, 2006, 11:23 PM
...I could always quote steve saying in the Keynote that the new shuffles come with the new earbuds

Except he didn't say that. I re-watched most of the keynote (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/showtime06/) about a month ago.