PDA

View Full Version : My G4 ibook is on its way out, should I upgrade to a MBP?

brianbkny
Dec 26, 2006, 09:59 AM
My ibook has pretty much become unusable. I REALLY want to upgrade to a 15" MBP this week or next week. Should I wait or just go for it? Buy a refurb or a brand new one?

NotFound
Dec 26, 2006, 10:01 AM
My ibook has pretty much become unusable. I REALLY want to upgrade to a 15" MBP this week or next week. Should I wait or just go for it? Buy a refurb or a brand new one?

Go for it if you can't wait until after MWSF.

If you are going to spend that much anyway I say go all out and go new as long as you can afford it.

failsafe1
Dec 26, 2006, 10:03 AM
If you can't wait until MWSF than there are a couple of considerations. The new macbook compare to the refurbed mbp's except for video cards. I would recommend new Macbook or new Macbook Pro. I just got a new MBP and love it.

Willis
Dec 26, 2006, 10:06 AM
I'd say hold out till MWSF. However, nothing could come out that affects the portable line, so you'd be fine regardless. But, I would say get a new MBP if you can afford it, but a refurb wouldnt go a miss either.. just get a C2D!

brianbkny
Dec 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
I think I'm going to go with a 15" 2.16 c2d and go with 2 gigs of ram. I'll probably buy it next week so it falls in the "safety date (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/apple-keynote-safety-dates-223107.php)" to buy one. Have there been any rumors of a new MBP or hardware updates on the Macbooks to be announced at macworld?

dextertangocci
Dec 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
Have there been any rumors of a new MBP or hardware updates on the Macbooks to be announced at macworld?

No. All everyone seems to care about is the true video iPod and the iPhone, including me:D

buffalo
Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 AM
It doesn't seem like there will be any upgrades to the MB or MBP, there isn't much they can do to it right now. Of course, they could come out with that 12" MBP we all want, but I wouldn't count on it. They only reason I see to wait would to get iLife '07 (and possibly Leapord...:rolleyes: ) included free.

xparaparafreakx
Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 AM
No. All everyone seems to care about is the true video iPod and the iPhone, including me:D

Not ture, some are waiting for that Ultra Thin MBP. Ill have two laptops in my backpack when that comes out. A ultra thin and a 17" MBP.

iW00t
Dec 26, 2006, 03:24 PM
Do refurbished units get the free bump to iLife too? Or do they get whatever software that's available when the previous owner returned it?