PDA

View Full Version : Apple PowerCD

5300cs
May 7, 2003, 09:17 AM
Hello folks,

Yes, yes. Once again it's your old pal 5300cs asking strange questions;) (I've managed to partially scare a used hardware shop downtown. Whenever I come in they all try to look busy 'cause they know I'll be asking for something rare/out of production for the past 10 years:p )

Anyway, I saw a PowerCD on auction and was wondering if anyone has one, and if they do, what does it do? Would it be cool to own one? I've heard it's a rare item and thought about adding it to my collection, but was wondering if it's worth it.

Anyone?

applemacdude
May 7, 2003, 06:10 PM
I have one. It's a apple cd player. U ca neither connect it to your pre internal cd mac or listen to it on the go..although its big. how much is it worth?

clickhere (http://www.applefritter.com/accessories/powercd/)

5300cs
May 8, 2003, 06:38 AM
The one I saw on auction was only opened once, still in it's original box w/manuals and all that.

It's going for around $200

rainman::|:|
May 8, 2003, 07:11 AM
have one somewhere here... yeah, the base stores batteries (8 double A if i remember right) so it could be used with an older powerbook with SCSI adaptor, or as a personal CD player (tho it's a tad big for that). My two favorite features are the light-up display that just looks cool, and the video-out combined with the remote, you can display photo CDs right to a TV.

pnw