PDA

View Full Version : iBook Casing Discoloration?

zflauaus
Dec 28, 2006, 10:14 PM
With the recent fiasco of MacBook discoloration, I thought I'd bring this up.

I've basically put this to the side but it has been here for a while. On the outside of the casing, mainly on the round parts, there are some black discoloring marks and some white marks that are whiter than the actual iBook case. Is there anything I can use clean this off? Mr. Clean Eraser?

GimmeSlack12
Dec 28, 2006, 11:42 PM
Your pictures are clear and in focus (a rare thing), but I don't see what you're talking about.

I do believe you though, and would suggest that the discoloration can probably be cleaned up. As for the extra white problems I imagine that can't be cleaned.

zflauaus
Dec 28, 2006, 11:46 PM
Your pictures are clear and in focus (a rare thing), but I don't see what you're talking about.

I do believe you though, and would suggest that the discoloration can probably be cleaned up. As for the extra white problems I imagine that can't be cleaned.
Yeah. The flash is very overwhelming on my camera. The flash off wouldn't help either.

So would the Magic Eraser work? If so, looks like a trip to the local store.

Aniej
Dec 29, 2006, 01:20 AM
try some regular strong household cleaner. and your pictures dont offer any insight into what the problem seems to be.

Mac the knife
Dec 30, 2006, 01:47 AM
Try Meguiar's scratch X. Great on my iBook. Get it at automotive supply.

Peruvian
Jan 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
This exact thing has happened to my macbook... Black marks around the edges.. I've tried cleaning but no good...

Can this be enough to call applecare and get the casing changed??

Cristian
Jan 16, 2007, 12:15 AM
that's what I want to know cause my case is discolored and a little scratched on my macbook:mad:

Peruvian
Jan 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
ok.. rub some toothpaste on the marks on the outer casing.. keep rubbing it till paste goes hard.. then clear the paste with damp cloth and the marks will be gone...

I did this last night and i seriously couldnt believe that it worked.. my MB looks new again.. It made me feel real good Hehe....

The toothpaste i used was colgate advanced whitening by the way...

Cybergypsy
Jan 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
Call Apple....