PDA

View Full Version : Jobs WWDC keynote!

xjohn
May 8, 2003, 08:03 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before... Big things!?

Steve Jobs to kick off WWDC 2003 with keynote
May 8, 2003 - 08:40 EDT__ Apple today announced that CEO Steve Jobs will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote on Monday, June 23, beginning at 10:00 AM PT at San Francisco's Moscone West. The five-day event, where Apple plans to unveil Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther), runs from June 23-27 and features more than 170 scheduled in-depth technical sessions with new content designed to serve a wider range of Mac developers, including a dedicated track for QuickTime developers and content creators.

[edit: macminute link (http://www.macminute.com/2003/05/08/wwdc) ]

richie
May 8, 2003, 08:37 AM
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/may/08wwdc.html

Apple PR link :) And I was expecting Amelio to come back and introduce us to Panther and the PPC 970 ;)

Time to start the month-long countdown!

Mr. Anderson
May 8, 2003, 09:07 AM
Ha! For me, I just assumed that Steve would be doing it - if it had come out that he wasn't going to be there, now that would have been even more news worthy.

With all the rumors and speculation pointing towards a big announcement at WWDC - well, the frenzy has just begun.

D

mac15
May 8, 2003, 09:23 AM
its gonna be amazing now dobut, last years was insane, with jagware and all. And this year and Paaaaantheeeeer :)

Winston Smith
May 8, 2003, 09:34 AM
Hmmm noticed this planned on the WWDC webpage a couple of days ago.

WWDC normaly starts with a keynote doesn't it?

However with the rumours flying at the moment dukestreet is right I think its definately a date for highlighting in iCal.....let the frenzy begin!

Personally I think PPC 970 is a cert, I also expect 15.4" Powerbooks and the communication device.

If we're really lucky iTMS could be available in some 'foreign' territories.

wdlove
May 8, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Ha! For me, I just assumed that Steve would be doing it - if it had come out that he wasn't going to be there, now that would have been even more news worthy.

With all the rumors and speculation pointing towards a big announcement at WWDC - well, the frenzy has just begun.

D

I had the same thougths dukestreet! From what I had read, Steve's appearance was a given. It's almost one of those PHd's in dah! ;) Breaking news would have been if it said that Steve Jobs will not be appearing!