Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
So Parallels Desktop arrived at my door today and i installed it no qualms. I then try to update to the latest build and it wont accept my Activation Key?. Have i wasted money buying a parallels version thats last century?.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
So Parallels Desktop arrived at my door today and i installed it no qualms. I then try to update to the latest build and it wont accept my Activation Key?. Have i wasted money buying a parallels version thats last century?.
You should be able to upgrade. If you're having problems with your key, contact their customer service.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
You're trying to use a version of Parallels from the 90's? I didn't even know it existed back then. What system are you trying to run it on? Keys from older versions and for other operating systems may not work on newer versions.

C2D MBP. OS X/XP

blaster_boy

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
Belgium
Did you buy the boxed version or from the internet ? You should be able to upgrade to the latest version if you bought it recently, which I assume you did.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Did you buy the boxed version or from the internet ? You should be able to upgrade to the latest version if you bought it recently, which I assume you did.

It was the boxed version and yes i bought it two weeks ago max.

blaster_boy

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
Belgium
Are you upgrading to the latest stable or the beta ? In the latest beta, it states this

NOTE! The activation keys for local versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac do not work with our current RC build of Parallels Desktop for Mac. This regards to UK, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Czech, Polish and Japanese versions. If you’re using any of those local Parallels products and want to try and evaluate our great features such as Coherence, USB 2.0 support, Transporter, and other, please please order the 30-day trial activation key below.

You should contact Parallels support, they should be able to help you if all you want to do is upgrade to the latest stable build.

Tractor Boy

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2007
London
Try swapping '0's (zeros) and 'O's (the letter O) in your activation key.
There was almost no difference between them in the activation key printed on the card. I had to try several combinations before I found one that worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.