Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I first bought apple stock back in the summer of '06, and have held it since. Oddly though I didn't get my first mac computer until november when the core 2 duo macbooks came out.

do you have stock in apple?

(sorry if this topic has been done before -- I looked and didn't notice an existing thread)

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
Yes. I own a roughly 140 shares.

I had placed a stop order to sell at $84, and luckily it never got to that price during the keynote. It's been quite a ride.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I really wish i did - i considered it in early 2002 just after i bought my first ipod since i thought it was such a great invention, but i never made the move. :(

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Unfortunately not right now. I made a nice triple (and then some) from late '04 to early '06 and got out at the peak. I didn't buy back in after the ensuing drop because their direction didn't seem clear to me. Obviously I should have bought back in for another almost double, but I didn't. It's not eating me up though...I've had good luck with most of my picks over the years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.