PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV Should have an ipod dock

DanielJen
Jan 11, 2007, 08:41 AM
In the keynote Steve demo'd the scenario where your friend brings along his notebook to your house and you can stream video from him. It is MUCH more common for your friend to bring along his ipod video rather than his laptop. If he could just connect his ipod to the AppleTV like the iPod Hi-Fi it would be much more practical.

bbydon
Jan 11, 2007, 08:52 AM
i so agree with this....a dock port would make apple tv even better.
instead of the guy bringing his ipod over he has to bring his whole computer to share....what a pain.

Here's to hoping for a dock port for the future apple tv.

amiga
Jan 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
there is USB :)

R.Youden
Jan 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
there is USB :)

That is for firmware updates aparently. Yeah right! The Airport base stations update via wireless so why not the "Apple" TV

macEfan
Jan 11, 2007, 09:28 AM
That is for firmware updates aparently. Yeah right! The Airport base stations update via wireless so why not the "Apple" TV

yeah, I bet the USB port is something else.... I hope, really hope that the USB port is for connecting an ipod dock or external hard drive... that would be awesome!

yagran
Jan 11, 2007, 10:00 AM
I think you are missing the fact that Apple TV is from the generation of products apple has started releaseing, forinstance the iPhone has Wi-Fi, so will probably stream to the ATV, chances are the next release of iPods (if they arent completely replaced by iPhone) will most likely have Wi-Fi. does that not make more sense? this way people have to buy new products from apple, rather than making the ATV backward compatible to theold iPods...

Iggy
Jan 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
I guess maybe a dock would look a bit stupid if you didn't have an iPod.

benpatient
Jan 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
aren't there multiple dock connections that would need to be accounted for?