PDA

View Full Version : Audio Highjack Pro Help?? Cassette to Cd.....

mocman
Jan 13, 2007, 06:08 AM
I have a imac and purchased audio high jack pro. I am trying to archive a few cassettes and have no problem getting it into my mac. The problem is when I burn the songs it burns it as only one. I can not get it to skip to the next song at all. Also I hit pause to turn the cassette over and then unpause to start the other side. Is that what I should be doing?
Please post your Help Thanks MC

zimv20
Jan 13, 2007, 01:09 PM
song start markers don't magically appear. you have to put them in.

mocman
Jan 13, 2007, 03:36 PM
how do you place the markers in??

scottlinux
Jan 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

rbrhrbr
Jan 14, 2007, 03:41 PM
I have a imac and purchased audio high jack pro. I am trying to archive a few cassettes and have no problem getting it into my mac. The problem is when I burn the songs it burns it as only one. I can not get it to skip to the next song at all. Also I hit pause to turn the cassette over and then unpause to start the other side. Is that what I should be doing?
Please post your Help Thanks MC

There are three ways to split the contents of an audio cassette into individual songs. Method One: Instead of using the Pause button, stop the recording after each song. Method Two: Instead of using the Pause button, use the Skip button between songs. Method Three: Use a program such as Fission, Audacity or GarageBand to split the audio file of the whole audio cassette into individual files for each song.

I usually use Method Two when the material is music I want to listen to. When I'd rather not monitor the whole recording, I typically import the whole transcription of the tape to Fission for splitting into individual tracks and trimming dead space from the beginning and end.

zimv20
Jan 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
what i do:
1. record the entire cassette side into Protools
2. put in a start and end marker for each song (trimming out silence in between, for example)
3. for each song, highlight it and Bouce to Disc, AIFF format, 44/16
4. import each AIFF into itunes
5. make a playlist
6. burn the CD from that playlist

itunes burns the CD such that each logical track will get its own start marker

if i skipped step 3, and just exported the entire cassette side, itunes would treat that as one logical track and, therefore, would insert only a single start marker.

mocman
Jan 16, 2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info......I imported with hijack then split with fission & burned with itunes....thanks again.....MC