Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Just worked a little to clean up my home page at http://www.system7today.com/

Anyone thats been there recently might recall a very long and rather messy home page. My main problem is, visitors seem to think the entire site is only the forums, when in reality the forums are intended to simply supplement the content on the rest of the site. So I want to try and indicate to people that there is stuff to see other than the forums. But if I don't have a big "forums" button on the center of the page, registered forum members seem to think it's less efficient. It's like a catch-22.

Before anyone unfamiliar with it (impossible!) says anything - it is supposed to be retro.

chepistolas

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2005
Chicago
I am still a noob, but if you make a navigation bar towards the top it would bring someone's eye to that menu instead of seeing "Jump to forums". Or you could just switch the two black bars. The bottom toward the top, the top one to the bottom, you get the pt.

Cheers.

adom

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2006
UK
You'll have to change the copyright disclaimer to Apple Inc now huh? Instead of Apple Computer :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.