PDA

View Full Version : Finding tunes not on iStore

Howard Brazee
Jan 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
I wanted to buy (I think) Kyu Sakamoto's The Sukiyaki Song. I didn't remember the author, so I went to the iTunes store and found a Japanese artist singing Sukiyaki. It was some kind of German melody I wasted 99 cents on.

Where else can I look for songs to buy legally?

igucl
Jan 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
If you have a Windows PC, Walmart.com offers downloads in Windows Media format.

Other than that, I don't know of alternative sources besides subscription serivices like napster. I was also recently looking for another source since iTunes didn't have what I was looking for. I ended up buying the CD.

Counterfit
Jan 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
emusic.com

And I'm intrigued by this "sukiyaki song". Is it a song about the food? :confused:

Howard Brazee
Jan 19, 2007, 07:00 AM
emusic.com

And I'm intrigued by this "sukiyaki song". Is it a song about the food? :confused:

That's the American silly name for a song which became a monstor hit in 1963 - sung in Japanese with a vaguely Western (cowboy) style of music. I mentioned it to my wife and she didn't remember it, so I decided to download it.

Here's more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ue_o_muite_aruk%C5%8D

Howard Brazee
Jan 19, 2007, 07:54 AM
If you have a Windows PC, Walmart.com offers downloads in Windows Media format.

Other than that, I don't know of alternative sources besides subscription serivices like napster. I was also recently looking for another source since iTunes didn't have what I was looking for. I ended up buying the CD.

I went to that site, clicked on the download music, and got the following message:

"We notice you're not using Internet Explorer. To continue, please visit this page using Internet Explorer 6.0 or later."

Apparently it wants Active-X or some other dangerous technology. I took a risk and opened IE - they don't have anything by this artist. I doubt I'll go back.