PDA

View Full Version : 12" PowerBook headphone jack plays only one channel

TIGERmac
Jan 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
For whatever reason, when I plug in my earbuds into the audio out jack of my PowerBook, I only get sound out of one earbud. The earbuds work perfectly with my iPod. For what it's worth, my iMac G5 experienced similar issues, but the problem went away after a software update. My 12" PowerBook G4 is a Rev. D and has all software updates installed.

I'm pretty sure the issue (on both computers) began after installing iTunes 7.0 which leads me to believe it's a software issue. Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback.

mad jew
Jan 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Plug them in again and check System Preferences to make sure the sound isn't pushed all the way over to the left. There's a bug in OSX that can do this every now and then. :)

TIGERmac
Jan 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
Thank you very much! That was exactly the problem. :)

MattyMac
Jan 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
Plug them in again and check System Preferences to make sure the sound isn't pushed all the way over to the left. There's a bug in OSX that can do this every now and then. :)

I was just about to say this...I had the same problem with my 12in. Powerbook and that was the solution:)

gavd
Jan 20, 2007, 10:26 AM
Glad you posted this problem TIGERmac. I had this problem, but just assumed it was a lose connection or something. Now I know it wasn't... :)

mad jew
Jan 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah, it's just a bug and hopefully it'll get fixed in a future system update. :)