PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Please

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 12:27 AM
First, my name is Sarah. Happy to be a newbie.
I was hoping that I would not have to drive 45 min. to Orlando to the Apple Store just to see what is wrong with my husbands iPod.
It plays the imports but not the iTunes anymore.
Any advice is welcome.

Thank You

Lovesong
Jan 21, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hi Sarah, and welcome to macrumors. By imports, you mean the CDs you've imported? By itunes, you mean the music you have purchased from the iTunes store? Is the machine authorized? Simply click on the Advanced tab, and click the authorize computer option, enter your password, and try uploading to your ipod again.

Lovesong
Jan 21, 2007, 12:49 AM
Did you try authorizing the account?

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 12:52 AM
I'm going to complicate you. What account ?

Yes. Imported CD's and puchased songs from iTunes

Lovesong
Jan 21, 2007, 12:57 AM
I'm going to complicate you. What account ?

I guess my question is what do you mean the itunes is not playing through the ipod? I assume you mean the songs that you have purchased through the itunes store. What i suggested is to make sure the account is authorized on your computer. To do this, just click on the Advanced tab in iTunes, and click on authorize account; then enter your password and e-mail, and try to play the songs again.

I mean here. Mine reads de-authorize, because I have already authorized it.

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:05 AM
We have personal settings on the computer so I'm having to switch user. I went to his iTunes. Account was authorized and he mentioned to me before that he already went through the restore setup.

Lovesong
Jan 21, 2007, 01:09 AM
So the account is authorized. Can you play them in iTunes from the computer? If not, what message do you get? Is this something just on the iPod? When you try to play songs off the iPod, what happens? Does it just not play? Is there simply no sound? Do you get a message (not likely)?

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:10 AM
Thats what his said.

Lovesong
Jan 21, 2007, 01:11 AM
Thats what his said.

His what? His iPod, his computer?

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:18 AM
iTunes do play from the computer but not from iPod

swiftaw
Jan 21, 2007, 01:19 AM
Have you tried restoring the ipod and then re-uploading your library.

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:20 AM
sorry, that reply was from your pic. display

He did all of that

EricNau
Jan 21, 2007, 01:22 AM
OK, you're going to have to be as detailed as possible, and describe exactly what's wrong. Use the quote button to answer specific posts, and take your time when answering. :)

swiftaw
Jan 21, 2007, 01:23 AM
Have you tried everything suggested here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303854

srhtinker
I was just playing the iPod. the vibrations feel rough, like it needs oil

Lovesong
That's fairly interesting. Usually when you have something that plays in iTunes, it plays off the iPod. Try deleting a song (or album) that do not play on the iPod from the iPod, and upload them again, it might have been a tranfering error. If that doesn't work, call Apple tomorrow (if you bought the iPod less than 90 days ago), and they might give you a suggestion. Another thing you can do, though a bit drastic, is if you have all the music you want on your computer, you can restore your iPod to original settings, and import all the music from iTunes directly. If that fails, you have a buggy iPod, and it will need to be sent in for repair. Hope this helps.

EricNau
Jan 21, 2007, 01:26 AM
I was just playing the iPod. the vibrations feel rough, like it needs oil
That's never a good thing. Try restoring the iPod, which can be done in iTunes.

Keep in mind, this deletes all of the music off of the iPod, so make sure you have all of it in iTunes on your computer.

How old is the iPod? Do you have the extended warranty?

MacNut
Jan 21, 2007, 01:33 AM
What kind of vibrations?

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:33 AM
That's fairly interesting. Usually when you have something that plays in iTunes, it plays off the iPod. Try deleting a song (or album) that do not play on the iPod from the iPod, and upload them again, it might have been a tranfering error. If that doesn't work, call Apple tomorrow (if you bought the iPod less than 90 days ago), and they might give you a suggestion. Another thing you can do, though a bit drastic, is if you have all the music you want on your computer, you can restore your iPod to original settings, and import all the music from iTunes directly. If that fails, you have a buggy iPod, and it will need to be sent in for repair. Hope this helps.

iTunes did play from his iPod, now they don't. I went under his iTune list from his iPod and picked an album. The screen is scrolling through the album covers so fast (that's when it vibrates). It's not letting me select.

What kind of vibrations?

Like holding a cell phone vib. but less

That's never a good thing. Try restoring the iPod, which can be done in iTunes.

Keep in mind, this deletes all of the music off of the iPod, so make sure you have all of it in iTunes on your computer.

How old is the iPod? Do you have the extended warranty?

Bought a year ago, need to check the warranty

MacNut
Jan 21, 2007, 01:41 AM
Like holding a cell phone vib. but lessSounds like the hard drive.

EricNau
Jan 21, 2007, 01:44 AM
Bought a year ago, need to check the warranty
Generally, vibrating can be a sign of hard drive failure. iPods come with a 1 year warranty (or 2 years if you bought extended coverage).

Have you tried restoring the iPod? Link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60983)

If restoring doesn't work, take it to an Apple Store ASAP.

srhtinker
Jan 21, 2007, 01:44 AM
ya'll made me relize that he did everything ya'll have mentioned, but I think it comes down to the point that Apple needs to open that sucker up like a clam for surgery.

I'll let you know what happens.

spork183
Jan 21, 2007, 01:56 AM
ya'll made me relize that he did everything ya'll have mentioned, but I think it comes down to the point that Apple needs to open that sucker up like a clam for surgery.

I'll let you know what happens.

curiousity-what pod? if it's a nano, I can't figure where a vibration would come from. if it's a 20/30/60/80gb, then it's the drive.

MeWannaMac
Jan 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
Have you figured this one out yet.... Curious to know what the problem was or still is!