Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blubbert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Ok, im a tad confused right now. I have installed coconutBattery and the readings it has produced are baffling me. It seems that my battery on my 17'' MBP has a higher capacity now than the original capacity. I have calibrated the battery just last month, and now am wondering, do i have a super battery, or is something wrong?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 59

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
It's happened to other members before but not that high. Coconut battery isn't too accurate as its readings are the same as in "About this Mac -> More info... -> Power"

Blubbert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Thanks, glad to know there is something wrong with coconutBattery, rather than my MBP.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Macbook Pro 15"'s original battery capacity is 5500, but 17" is bigger, probably 6500ish, but coconut battery doesn't know.

It's happened to other members before but not that high. Coconut battery isn't too accurate as its readings are the same as in "About this Mac -> More info... -> Power"

coconut battery reports the identical number as the about mac, more info, power.

Blubbert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
That would explain the discrepancy then. Thanks for the help, now my mind is at ease, even though deep down inside that i had a super battery. :D

Macmaniac95

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
MacBook

Ok, im a tad confused right now. I have installed coconutBattery and the readings it has produced are baffling me. It seems that my battery on my 17'' MBP has a higher capacity now than the original capacity. I have calibrated the battery just last month, and now am wondering, do i have a super battery, or is something wrong?
I have a white Macbook 2.1GHZ 120GB 1GB etc . . . But after i installed coconut battery, it says that my battery has only been charged 4 times, when n actual fact its been charged more then that ?? and also, it keeps saying that my charger is connected and its charging, when its clearly not?? Help me!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: It also says what is happening above ^^ it has gained battery life when i have installed coconut battery? is it ment to do that? Help!!:rolleyes::apple:

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
If any of you are running Leopard, there have been many reports that Cocnut Battery and Leopard are not yet fully compatible. I don't know if it has been fixed/updated, but one of the problems was mis-reporting of capacity and cycle count.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.