PDA

View Full Version : Apple Releases Multi-Colored iPod Shuffles

MacRumors
Jan 30, 2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

As rumored (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/01/29/apple-product-update-tomorrow/), Apple today added to its iPod shuffle (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/) line 4 new colors, including pink, green, blue, and orange. With the update, Apple has modified its iPod Shuffle slogan from "Put some music on" to "Put some color on".

http://guides.macrumors.com/images/9/98/iPodShuffleColors.jpg (http://www.dailytunes.com/applestore.php)

The new colors, otherwise identical to the previous silver-clad 1 GB clip-on shuffle, are shipping within 24 hours from Apple's online store (http://www.dailytunes.com/applestore.php).

[ Digg This (http://digg.com/apple/Apple_Releases_Multi_Colored_iPod_Shuffles) ]

BigPrince
Jan 30, 2007, 07:53 AM
happy for those that wanted it, but :eek: Wheres iLife 07?

Platform
Jan 30, 2007, 07:53 AM
Next Tuesday then for iLife, iWork and Leopard :D

opuslab
Jan 30, 2007, 07:55 AM
where's the black one??

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
iLife and iWork will come, don't worry. Just be patient. They've got their plan...

adamfilip
well thats kinda boring.. bring on the 8 core Mac Pro's and new displays

YetioDoom
Nice little update. I wonder if we'll see an orange nano.

lord patton
just in time for valentine's day. Good move, Apple.

eazyway
Jan 30, 2007, 07:57 AM

Not until April or May when Leopard comes out. The new iLife 07 may require Leopard for the new features. Maybe they will sell an iLife & Leopard bundle.

Speedracer04
This is cool, wish the desplays were updated though :rolleyes:

I like the orange personally

SciTeach
Wearing all those shuffles, JUST HOW MANY EARS DOES THAT PERSON HAVE!!!:eek: :D

Kuska
Jan 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
Electronic Confectionery - I'll take two please! :D

iNate
Look, they come with the new headphones now!

zelmo
Nice colors. I'm surprised there is no Product(red) shuffle, though.
Pink for Valentine's Day...smooth.;)

kwood
Jan 30, 2007, 07:59 AM
Nice little update. I wonder if we'll see an orange nano.

Orange Nano, Orange iMac, Orange MacBook......just like the good ol' days, when you could have a matching desktop and laptop....:rolleyes:

Paix247
Jan 30, 2007, 07:59 AM
Orange is the new black!

sneakyh
Jan 30, 2007, 08:01 AM
The new colors, otherwise identical to the previous silver-clad 1 GB clip-on shuffle, are shipping within 24 hours from Apple's online store (http://www.dailytunes.com/applestore.php).

No completely identical, because they also seem to be delivered with the new headphones now.

In any case, I'm getting an orange one as we speak.

Mainyehc
Jan 30, 2007, 08:01 AM
Electronic Confectionery - I'll take two please! :D

Hey, this is a brilliant move on Apple's part... I'm figuring a lot of hipsters are going to buy one of each to match their clothing... :p :apple:

edit:
"iPod shuffle is the world's most wearable digital music player," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing. "Music fans can now choose iPod shuffle in one of five brilliant colors, or they can buy one of each."

Now, who's the smartass here? :D

kalisphoenix
Jan 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
Orange is the new black!

My next computer will be an iPumpkin.

Mainyehc
Jan 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
Orange Nano, Orange iMac, Orange MacBook......just like the good ol' days, when you could have a matching desktop and laptop....:rolleyes:

That explains why I bought a white 5G iPod and a Mighty Mouse... To match my G5 iMac, of course! But still, it'd be nice if Apple could bring colours back, add black to the pack AND keep the white. Surely they could do it, as soon as their marketshare goes up, no? :apple:

dalvin200
Jan 30, 2007, 08:03 AM
where's the black one??

or the (RED) one :rolleyes:

Multimedia
Jan 30, 2007, 08:04 AM
Such a deal. If you want to look like the fanboy/girl in the photo, it's only gonna cost you $395 plus the hospital bills after the mugging. :pOrange is the new black!Bravo.

brandon6684
Jan 30, 2007, 08:05 AM
Great, now my girlfriend is going to want a different shuffle to match everything she has.

failsafe1
Jan 30, 2007, 08:07 AM

It appears from the lack of info about iLife 07 that maybe it will be a bigger part of Leopard? We can hope for amazing stuff all round soon.

venin
Jan 30, 2007, 08:09 AM
In the Norwegian Apple Store you can buy activation for 802.11n... couple bucks..

Multimedia
Jan 30, 2007, 08:10 AM
It appears from the lack of info about iLife 07 that maybe it will be a bigger part of Leopard? We can hope for amazing stuff all round soon.If by soon you mean 3 more weeks (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=272888&page=7), maybe. A definite maybe. ;)

Thanks for throwing us another bone Apple. :rolleyes: But I got my silver Shuffle for Christmas already.

Mmmmmm Orange is the new black.

ctsport1234
cool update, I ordered an orange one :D

umijin
Pathetic. Only a MacSheep could get excited about this.

How about a real update to the iPod line? You know, with a screen you can actually watch a video on? Something TODAY, and not mythically in the future like the MacPhone (iPhone is taken)?

Or how about a truly portable, and not a luggable 5+ pound laptop?

This color fluff, we do not need.

MovieCutter
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me up when the new Mac Pros are out

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pathetic. Only a MacSheep could get excited about this.

How about a real update to the iPod line? You know, with a screen you can actually watch a video on? Something TODAY, and not mythically in the future like the MacPhone (iPhone is taken)?

Or how about a truly portable, and not a luggable 5+ pound laptop?

This color fluff, we do not need.

While I agree with you, your presentation needs work. It will be the iPhone btw...

thejadedmonkey
Jan 30, 2007, 08:12 AM
Boringggggggggggg

But I might just be forced to get my girlfriend a pink one for that ever-dreaded holiday on the 14th;)

Mainyehc
Jan 30, 2007, 08:13 AM
Such a deal. If you want to look like the fanboy/girl in the photo, it's only gonna cost you $395 plus the hospital bills after the mugging. :p

Hey, think about it: it's not *that* hard to carry more than one shuffle with you... They are certainly lighter and smaller than a CD case, a tape or a MiniDisc, and carry in some cases 10x more than those media. Heh, the colours could make up for the lack of screen: you could carry whole different discographies or genres on each one... :cool:

Or you could carry a 30GB iPod... :p :rolleyes:

L3X
Jan 30, 2007, 08:13 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more. Or a refurb nano for the same price.

let's get on to the good stuff.

Swarmlord
Jan 30, 2007, 08:15 AM

I kind of miss the assorted iMac colors even though the milky white is sweet.

Platform
Jan 30, 2007, 08:19 AM
In the Norwegian Apple Store you can buy activation for 802.11n... couple bucks..

Nice catch !

$2.025 or Kr12.75

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
Nice catch !

$2.025 or Kr12.75N enabler thread. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=275000) :)

roland.g
Jan 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
Lame.
Nice move :apple:, but seriously, :apple:tv, airport extremes that aren't shipping and now colored shuffles. Give us a something we really want.

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
:eek:

They have.... ORANGE!!

mkrishnan
Jan 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
Perfect for the busy IT professional who can never have enough things clipped to their belt. :D

Mmm, but the pink one is rather cute. As morally wrong as it is to clip all that crap to yourself. And even though I wear a pager most days during work because of the clinic.... :rolleyes:™

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
:eek:

They have.... ORANGE!!

For Boise State and Illini fans.

chrisa107
Jan 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
Out of all of Apple's products, they choose to update the newest one. Laame.

MovieCutter
Jan 30, 2007, 08:28 AM

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more.

"Who cares about iPod minis. Why am I going to buy a 4GB mini when I can buy an iPod for a little bit more."

Some people never learn...:rolleyes:

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 08:29 AM
Out of all of Apple's products, they choose to update the newest one. Laame.

It's not the newest one. That would be the Airport Extreme base station. I don't think that this update warranted all this hoopla, though.

Diatribe
Jan 30, 2007, 08:31 AM
"Who cares about iPod minis. Why am I going to buy a 4GB mini when I can buy an iPod for a little bit more."

I think you missed the end of the mini era, we have already moved on to nano. :D :p

bartelby
Jan 30, 2007, 08:34 AM

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more. Or a refurb nano for the same price.

let's get on to the good stuff.

I'm going to get one. I have a 40GB 4G iPod that's too clunky to use in the gym. I don't need to store masses of tracks so the Shuffle is perfect!

sneakyh
Jan 30, 2007, 08:36 AM
Why are people whining? A day ago we were counting on nothing and now we have a shuffle in various bright colors. :D
An update is always good and I think the shuffle is pretty cool and plan to buy one for jogging or the gym.

MovieCutter
Jan 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
I think you missed the end of the mini era, we have already moved on to nano. :D :p

Just commenting on the fact that it's the same comment repeating itself, and in this case, that comment was dead wrong since the iPod mini easily outsold the iPod by a huge margin.

wordmunger
Jan 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
It's not the newest one. That would be the Airport Extreme base station. I don't think that this update warranted all this hoopla, though.

What hoopla?

There was a rumor the day before, then a quiet product release. It's not like Steve delivered a 2-hour keynote for this.

It is what it is. Can Apple not introduce cosmetic upgrades to products without fans demanding more?

Evangelion
Jan 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more.

Heh, that was EXACTLY the same "argument" people used back when iPod Mini was announced. "Why should I get the Mini when I could just spend a bit more money, and get the real iPod instead?". So we could continue that with "Why should I get a Shuffle, when by paying a bit more I could get a Nano instead? And paying just a bit more I could get the Videi iPod instead...". Pretty soon you would find yourself spending $349 instead of $79. Not that Apple would complain :).

So why should you buy the Shuffle and not Nano? Well, Shuffle is considerably cheaper. And it's a lot smaller. And those are very good reasons to buy one. Why buy the Nano when Video iPod is only a bit more expensive? Because Nano is smaller and cheaper? I rest my case....

ultimatemac
Jan 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
Common! for me, now hell freezing!

i-Gadgets are important for Apple and so for the mac, and probably there wouldn´t be such nice macs withoiut the earnings from the iPod deals, but hey, where is the real system stuff? New infos on leopard, or maybe some refreshed Displays, updated Mac pro?

where is the stuff big boys want, no colorful versions for fanboys?

MovieCutter
Jan 30, 2007, 08:43 AM
The real question now is....will we get orange Mac Pros!!!???

Multimedia
Jan 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
Orange For Boise State and Illini fans.And the Super Bowl Bears. :p

On this page (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/), when you click on the little colored dots next to the buy now button top right, the picture of the person wearing that color changes. Nice touch.

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 08:47 AM

Honestly, that wouldn't be that bad...

bartelby
Jan 30, 2007, 08:48 AM

I'd love a green Mac Pro!!:o

Bring back the fruity colours!!!

erm, and the Flower Power!!!

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
And the Super Bowl Bears. :p

How could I forget?! It's a great time to be living in Chicago.

foneschlomo
Jan 30, 2007, 08:49 AM

This reminds me of Borat- "I get ipod, he get ipod mini- everyone knows its for girls."

kwood

Now that will be a sight. Not only will it heat your house for a year, but if you stick it in the fire place it actually looks like its on fire too.:D

Diatribe
Just commenting on the fact that it's the same comment repeating itself, and in this case, that comment was dead wrong since the iPod mini easily outsold the iPod by a huge margin.

I know, just mocking you. Anyway, this reasoning will never go away. People just don't see that different products are for different people and that different people have different needs and tastes.

MattG
Jan 30, 2007, 08:50 AM
Lame...wake me up when the widescreen iPods come out

Diatribe
Jan 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
Lame...wake me up when the widescreen iPods come out

Hopefully not too far off. I am waiting for those too but I think those new Shuffles will make for nice presents.

roland.g
Jan 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
They gave us stuff to buy our women for v-day. They didn't give us anything we might actually want. When I say we I mean guys, since it seems more MR posters are guys than gerls. So no offense to the hotties here. And by the way, any guys who are excited about orange, pink or even light blue and green shuffles need to be shot. Let me rephrase that, any guy who is excited about a shuffle period needs to be shot.

If you give us a color, how bout a Black iMac.

or better yet a silver anodized aluminum cased Mac Pro Jr.

TraceyS/FL
Jan 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
Orange And the Super Bowl Bears. :p

On this page (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/), when you click on the little colored dots next to the buy now button top right, the picture of the person wearing that color changes. Nice touch.

Orange

I live in Gator-Nation :D

slffl
Jan 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
Wow, by all of the negative ratings, i'm amazed at how many people hate color.

Mulyahnto
Jan 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
They gave us stuff to buy our women for v-day. They didn't give us anything we might actually want. When I say we I mean guys, since it seems more MR posters are guys than gerls. So no offense to the hotties here. And by the way, any guys who are excited about orange, pink or even light blue and green shuffles need to be shot. Let me rephrase that, any guy who is excited about a shuffle period needs to be shot.

Anyone who owns apple stock would be excited about any product release that might boost the stock a little bit. This release, I think will boost shuffle sales by at least 30% this quarter. I'm excited, so shoot me.

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 08:56 AM
Why does everyone keep saying this is lame? Can't Apple do anything without it's own followers criticising it to no end? It's not like the promised something big today and all it was were colored Shuffles. That would be lame. But no, they just decided to release colored Shuffles for those who may want them. I tell you, I working on my engravement for an orange one 5 minutes ago and then I looked at my bank account balance and decided I'd better not.

Please stop with all the bitching and moaning about never getting what you want from Apple and be happy you are getting something - some type of alternative to the hellish products 95% of the world is accustomed to putting up with.

Insecure, are we?

roland.g
Jan 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
Anyone who owns apple stock would be excited about any product release that might boost the stock a little bit. This release, I think will boost shuffle sales by at least 30% this quarter. I'm excited, so shoot me.

Are you excited because you own stock and see it going up or because you can't wait to get one yourself?

Only if you supply the gun and the suicide note.:D

Mulyahnto
Jan 30, 2007, 08:59 AM

I don't think they hate color. I think they somehow want a "better" or "more exciting" announcement. I've seen those kids at birthday parties who expect some cool magician instead of a stupid clown, 'cause they had one at their party. Well, this party comes with colored shuffles, and no iLife or other anouncements.

p0intblank
Jan 30, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cool! New iPods never hurt anyone. :)

Teddy's
Jan 30, 2007, 09:01 AM

Meh

I'm losing faith in this apple/mac "fan" community.

p0intblank
Jan 30, 2007, 09:04 AM

Wow. You are one shallow guy... I'd be surprised if you get a decent girlfriend one day. Seriously, what's with the aittitude? Let me tell you something. I would like a green, blue or orange iPod suffle. Do you want to shoot me now?

Leia1912
Jan 30, 2007, 09:08 AM
I feel a bit like I just went to an Apple special event and got iPod socks. :p But, the disappointment is our fault for getting overly excited about a rumored product release that a.) had no special event attached to it, so we knew logically it wouldn't be a huge one; and b.) was later rumored to have a $79 ceiling, which made the options of what it could be fairly small and specific.

At any rate...Good for Apple for bringing out the colored shuffles. It's just to get them on the shelves for Valentine's, as has been noted. V-Day is particularly important for the sales of colored products, btw--as I recall, the biggest-selling color of the old minis was (by far and away) the pink.

It doesn't hurt that the colors make them now even more a fashion object, where you wouldn't want just one that might, God forbid, *clash* with your outfit. :P

And orange will do well in many areas. Forget the Bears: Orange is for the Cincinnati Bengals!

ebow
Jan 30, 2007, 09:10 AM

Well, I was one of those negative voters this time (I don't usually bother when the news is irrelevant to me). I'm really hoping for larger capacity nanos to replace my recently deceased 15 GB 'pod.

jelloshotsrule
Jan 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
there are a lot of people here who have the impressive ability to post in their sleep. bravo!

roland.g
Jan 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
Wow. You are one shallow guy... I'd be surprised if you get a decent girlfriend one day. Seriously, what's with the aittitude? Let me tell you something. I would like a green, blue or orange iPod suffle. Do you want to shoot me now?

Again, I am sure you are taking this the wrong way. There is a difference between would like one and excited like this made your day jumping up and down this is better than Mac Pro or iMac revisions or whatever else could have come.

And since I'm married I don't think getting a girlfriend is in my future.:rolleyes:

Evangelion
Jan 30, 2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I was one of those negative voters this time (I don't usually bother when the news is irrelevant to me). I'm really hoping for larger capacity nanos to replace my recently deceased 15 GB 'pod.

So you voted negaitve because Apple failed to address an issue that you are personally having right now? You already have a larger-capacity solution to your dilemma. It's called iPod, and it's prices start at $249. It has more features, more storage-space and it's smaller than your current player. So what's the problem here?

ebow
Jan 30, 2007, 09:14 AM
Why does the image on the front page posting of this story link to the nano, and not the shuffle? And why can't Apple capitalize their product names? ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jan 30, 2007, 09:18 AM
Forget the Bears: Orange is for the Cincinnati Bengals!

yeah, the players will look great wearing one of the new orange shuffles while they're out golfing! (once they get out of prison)

ebow
Jan 30, 2007, 09:20 AM
So you voted negaitve because Apple failed to address an issue that you are personally having right now? You already have a larger-capacity solution to your dilemma. It's called iPod, and it's prices start at $249. It has more features, more storage-space and it's smaller than your current player. So what's the problem here?

Yep. I'm not saying it's the right reason to vote negative, and like I said I don't usually do it, but... Oh well. :o Anyway, a couple of weeks borrowing my wife's iPod mini has shown me that I really value the smaller physical side but also "need" access to more than ~1/5 of my collection. Yes, I want it both ways, and I got my hopes up over this rumor by not paying enough attention to the low expectations.

lukeisme09
Jan 30, 2007, 09:21 AM

hey platfrm is that really when it is all coming out ???:eek:

roland.g
Jan 30, 2007, 09:23 AM

I don't have a problem with you getting on his self-centered case.

But I will say two things. One, an 8GB nano is big enough. You don't need that much music on it, if you do get a full size video iPod.

Two, I have a 40GB 3G iPod that I still use in my Bose Sounddock and used to use for everything and I got a 8GB Nano for xmas to replace it. It definately feels cheaper, the screen it small and doesn't look as good, but really it was the perfect replacement because I use my iPod for two things, working out and snowboarding, and in both cases smaller is better along with the flash vs. HDD and longer battery life. Now the nano doesn't seem to sound as good in my car. Maybe it doesn't produce sound as well, I don't know. For headphones it is great, but in the car notsomuch. So I can see the arguments for wanting a Nano over a Video iPod, but really I can't see the argument that they need to bump the sizes already.

Lastly, I didn't own a 1G Nano, but it seems as though, scratches and cracking issues aside, it may have been a better case design. People always want lighter, smaller, etc. and for me something with a little weight is sometimes nice. Now iPods aren't that light so making them a little lighter over the years is good. But the Nanos almost feel a bit too light at times. I have a Nokia 8801 cell phone that I love because it is stainless steel and has a nice weight and feel in my hand unlike some phones out there that are too light and cheap feeling. i.e. all Motos.

FoxyKaye
Jan 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
In ten years we'll all be able to say, "Hey, I remember when Apple made computers!"

student_trap
Jan 30, 2007, 09:25 AM
ok, another impulse buy, i bought an orange one!

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 09:27 AM
ok, another impulse buy, i bought an orange one!
I hate you. :mad:

siurpeeman
Jan 30, 2007, 09:31 AM
the orange looks so much better than the gold minis. did anyone buy those?

Ironduke
Jan 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
heres hoping apple do the same colors for imacs and macmini's as the shuffle and nano

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 30, 2007, 09:41 AM
I hate you. :mad:Do I detect just a smidgen of envy there...?

:p

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 09:44 AM
Do I detect just a smidgen of envy there...?
Nothing gets past you! :p

Am I really that transparent? :o

Stewdy
Jan 30, 2007, 09:53 AM

Don't forget us Clemson fans! :)

p0intblank
Jan 30, 2007, 09:59 AM
Again, I am sure you are taking this the wrong way. There is a difference between would like one and excited like this made your day jumping up and down this is better than Mac Pro or iMac revisions or whatever else could have come.

And since I'm married I don't think getting a girlfriend is in my future.:rolleyes:

Then may I suggest you change your posting style? While your post didn't offend me, it could've offended others.

chuckiej
Jan 30, 2007, 10:01 AM

And Gators!! National Champs 96 and 06! ;)

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
Then may I suggest you change your posting style? While your post didn't offend me, it could've offended others.
I wouldn't say it was offensive (though I would understand if there were people who felt that way), I just saw it as embarrassing for the poster to come off in the way he did.

iJawn108
Jan 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
Oh I'm soo thrilled. :rolleyes:

I need mac updates, it's like I'm addicted now. Oh well the orange looks sick :D

Diatribe
Jan 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
Do Shuffles actually update the playcount and last played date? That be the only requirement I'd have before buying one. Anyone know?

chumsdock
Jan 30, 2007, 10:12 AM
Did anyone mentioned the new shuffles now comes with the "new-designed" earbuds?

They are just too small for my ears and have them replaced without thinking.

ifro2341
Jan 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
I don't get the orange. Who where's orange??? It might grow on me though.

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
Wow. What a proportional response to Vista being released. I can't imagine why people don't take our platform seriously sometimes. :rolleyes:

student_trap
Jan 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't say it was offensive (though I would understand if there were people who felt that way), I just saw it as embarrassing for the poster to come off in the way he did.

are you talking about me here? if so, in which way embarrassing?

iJawn108
Jan 30, 2007, 10:18 AM
Oh I'm soo thrilled. :rolleyes:

I need mac updates, it's like I'm addicted now. Oh well the orange looks sick :D

Mgkwho
Did anyone mentioned the new shuffles now comes with the "new-designed" earbuds?

Yeah, I just noticed that too! Hopefully the winers will stop complaining about the old ones now :D. Apple probably just had to get rid of the old style.

-=|Mgkwho

furcalchick
if i had the money and was an shuffle addict, i would buy a light blue, green and pink one. they all look so cute.

i think this was a good move by apple, at least make it known that apple hasn't disappear completely with a small product update on vista's big debut day. it gets them on the radar, even though it's very minor, it does what it's intended, promote apple.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
Do Shuffles actually update the playcount and last played date? That be the only requirement I'd have before buying one. Anyone know?That is a very good question... I couldn't get one that didn't do that, either... none of my smart playlists would like it... :o

The Shuffle sync page (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/sync.html) doesn't say anything...

guzhogi
Jan 30, 2007, 10:21 AM
I guess it's kinda cool. I'm sure there are some people who'd like it. To me, it's just kinda meh. The shuffle's a good idea, but I prefer the full size iPods. One thing I miss about the 1st generation shuffle is the builtin USB port. That way, you don't have to lug around a dock. Just my 2˘.

deadkenny
Jan 30, 2007, 10:23 AM
Are these all the original iMac Colors? What were the names again, Lime, Tangerine, ... ?

MovieCutter
Jan 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
I don't get the orange. Who where's orange??? It might grow on me though.

I don't know who where's orange, but some people might WEAR orange...:rolleyes:

someguy
Jan 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
What about what you said could possibly be interpreted as offensive or embarrassing? :p

No, I was referring to roland.g's post from earlier.

QCassidy352
Jan 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
What hoopla?

There was a rumor the day before, then a quiet product release. It's not like Steve delivered a 2-hour keynote for this.

It is what it is. Can Apple not introduce cosmetic upgrades to products without fans demanding more?

well said! this update has nothing to do with leopard, ilife, 8-core mac pros, displays, or full-screen video iPods. If and when those products arrive has nothing to do with today's release. It wasn't this or an 8-core MP, it was this or nothing. So stop whining. (I seem to be saying that a lot today...)

That is a very good question... I couldn't get one that didn't do that, either... none of my smart playlists would like it... :o

The Shuffle sync page (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/sync.html) doesn't say anything...

Yes, the shuffle does update the last played and playcount fields.

Mgkwho
Jan 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
i think this was a good move by apple, at least make it known that apple hasn't disappear completely with a small product update on vista's big debut day. it gets them on the radar, even though it's very minor, it does what it's intended, promote apple.

Yeah, and I think they had a small update the day the Zune was released. Like iPod integration with airplanes or something.

Just big enough so that they make headlines too. :)

-=|Mgkwho

Jan 30, 2007, 10:32 AM
I think some of you guys need to take a valium. At the end of the day, Apple wants to make money and considering the silver iPod shuffle sold loads, they've made it more tempting for the public to buy an iPod shuffle as they have a choice of color. This is what happened with the iPod mini and then the iPod nano. This move will shift even more iPod shuffle units which means Apple will make more money.

I know we all want OS 10.5, iLife '07, new Mac Pros, etc. but surely it's better for Apple to perfect a product and then release it instead of rushing it and has problems. Surely the products we have at the moment isn't that bad that it's in dire need of an update for a few more months?

PS. I have an iPod and now I'm actually tempted to buy an iPod shuffle!

extraextra
Jan 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
I don't really get why they didn't release all these colors beforehand. To sell more during Valentine's day? :confused:

Dash4814
Jan 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
Sweet.

Do the same thing with the iMacs and I'm sold. :D

*dreams of Bondi Blue*

GotPro
Jan 30, 2007, 10:40 AM
That orange... I don't known, man... something about that just... damn... hits me in all the right spots...

BASTARDS! I JUST BOUGHT THE FREAKIN SILVER ONE LAST WEEK...

Ooooh, Wait... I bought it at Target... means I have a month to take it back...

YEAH!

:D

I think some of you guys need to take a valium. At the end of the day, Apple wants to make money and considering the silver iPod shuffle sold loads, they've made it more tempting for the public to buy an iPod shuffle as they have a choice of color. PS. I have an iPod and now I'm actually tempted to buy an iPod shuffle!

I'm lucky I bought mine within the last week at Target... if I had bought it sooner, I'd still have gone out and bought ANOTHER shuffle (this one to be Orange)...

I mean, it's a good strategy on Apple's part if you care about them being a sustainable long term profitable company.

The dang things are only $79...

I know $79 isn't a whole lot to everybody... but... seriously... most SUVS cost about $50 to fill up right now... so..

The money is almost slip-between-the-cushin money ...

I just ordered my Orange off the Apple Store... can't WAIT for it.

BTW... of topic, but sorta ON topic... as we're talking about Apple's selling strategies...

Has anyone noticed that Microsoft used to be just 100x more profitable than Apple...

And now Apple has 3% market share compared to about 90% for Microsoft... yet, Apple made NEARLY 1/2 the total revenues of Microsoft for the last fiscal year??? Some 20Billion for Apple to almost $44Billion for Microsoft.

That has GOTTA be a slap in the face for Microsoft, wouldn't you say?

Just think how much money Apple would be making if IT had 90% of the marketshare instead... :eek: Would it be in the Trillions? :eek:

L3X
Jan 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
So why should you buy the Shuffle and not Nano? Well, Shuffle is considerably cheaper. And it's a lot smaller. And those are very good reasons to buy one. Why buy the Nano when Video iPod is only a bit more expensive? Because Nano is smaller and cheaper? I rest my case....
for $10 more you can get a 1G refurb 1GB nano. I'd take that over a shuffle anyday. it's worth the $10 for the screen imo.

i understand that it's smaller, but have a small ipod and a large one, you don't need an even smaller one.

mmmcheese
Jan 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
Weird...a couple of days ago I was thinking an orange aluminum iPod would look pretty cool...and that's exactly the colour I imagined...I imagined it on a nano, but the colour is bang on. Maybe I should open up a telephone hotline and charge per minute.

for $10 more you can get a 1G refurb 1GB nano. I'd take that over a shuffle anyday. it's worth the $10 for the screen imo.

i understand that it's smaller, but have a small ipod and a large one, you don't need an even smaller one.

no, YOU don't need one....other people apparently do.

L3X
Jan 30, 2007, 10:50 AM
honestly, none of us really NEED any of this crap. they are luxuries

i know Apple is doing this to make money, and i commend them for it. i just wish they would focus on other stuff. Everyone have fun with their little colored shuffles.

Thomas421
Jan 30, 2007, 10:54 AM
5 minutes of spare time, a movie fan, and some inspiration:

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/300107/6217730.jpeg

Dagless
Jan 30, 2007, 11:00 AM
I only bought my Shuffle a few weeks back :o

BUT. Yea. I'd still buy the silver one. I normally go for coloured ones (Blue Mini), but the silver (IMO) is the most beautiful one there.

*love my Shuffle too. It's so convenient. no fumbling around my pocket to change track or volume. I put the Shuffle on the end of my sleeve so I have full control, headphone wire going up through my sleeve and out through the top! Got about 30 songs on it, from my iTunes library of 20-odd days worth of music. That is all I need :) Shuffle is so perfect for me.

tallyho
Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 AM
^ Reservoir Pods - genius!:D

GotPro
Jan 30, 2007, 11:03 AM

Let me tell you something...

It's the NANO that I don't get...

The point of an iPod is to listen to music, and be able to view videos, music, calendar, notes, contacts, etc. (for me at least)...

Thusly, I have the largest capacity Black Ipod.

Now, the reason I have a shuffle, is that I work out 1-2hours about 5 days a week at the gym. I'm 35. I'm not a teen ager looking to be "cool" by wearing an iPod at the gym.

When I work out... I need certain types of music to FOCUS on to push me and help me get through when I'm about to give up...

To that end, that is EXACTLY why I love the Shuffle, and don't understand the Nano.

With the Nano, it is bulky and wraps around your arm... and I need to be working out, NOT worrying about selecting my next song.

With the Shuffle, I clip it to my work out jersey, and every time I hit a set... I hit the play button... and the stop button when I finish the set (and thus able to chat with my workout partners)...

Trust me... the Shuffle IS absolutely perfect for me... I have only 18 songs on it... but those 18 songs are PERFECT for how I work out...

AND the dang thing is almost invisible... it in NO WAY gets in the way of your workout.

Just my .0000002 :)

JGowan
Apple's quiet announcement today does several things...

• It gets Apple a little notice on MS Vista day.

• This is a fun little update and it's released just right for a great little Valentine gift in 2 weeks.

• The introduction of Orange is quite nice. My home town school colors are Orange & White ("Go Yellowjackets!") so that's a plus.

The majority here need to get a grip, a life, a job or a pulse. Apple needs to ration out their products. They've got great stuff, but they also know that people aren't made out of money and need time to plan their purchases. Intro something 6 months out and let people start figuring out ways to get what they want.

What would happen if 50" Plasma TVs; Cloverton MacPros; New Displays all bigger and with iSights built in; new Widescreen iPods with 5" screens, 100GB HDs, running OS X; Leopard and the iPhone ALL DROPPED on the same day? People would be overwhelmed. Everyone would freek because everything is so cool, but mostly be jealous of the 0.5% of the rich who could go out and get all this stuff. Great stuff but in 2 months people would be asking "when's the 'new' stuff coming out?"

Expect quarterly releases for bigger stuff. Apple has to ration out the really big news. Sure everyone was upset at Macworld when Steve's keynote was 99% iPhone but did he really want to steal thunder from this major breakthrough device to give it to something else also deserving a major announcement. Just as certain products can "cannibalize" sales from the same company, so can news cannibalize other important news from the same company. Plus, talking about Leopard just wasn't right at Keynote time. Vista for individuals didn't come out until today and to do Leopard right, Steve's gonna need for MS to come in with a squeak. Already, unless you have a brand new machine+$400 for the REAL Vista and don't plan to use speech recognition, Vista is a real hardy-har-har. Did you peeps see this Vista debacle on YouTube? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_Jp6PxsSQ)

Again, Apple can't blow the whole load right here in January. Be patient and you will be rewarded!

digitalbiker
If by soon you mean 3 more weeks (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=272888&page=7), maybe. A definite maybe. ;)

Thanks for throwing us another bone Apple. :rolleyes: But I got my silver Shuffle for Christmas already.

Mmmmmm Orange is the new black.

Hey, at least the rumored event for Feb. 20th won't be about "colored ipods". Whoo Hoo.

Didn't Apple used to be a computer company or something. I could have swore that in the 70's, 80's, and 90's Apple used to release new computer harware, software, and OS updates.

Clive At Five
What? Where's brown?

Rip Off.

;)

-Clive

iAlan
GET. OVER. IT

Apple has quietly released colour iPod shuffles. So what?

I want a new mini tower like many others.
Or maybe a black iMac
I want a 'true' Video iPod.
I want TV downloads on the Japan iTunes Store.
Me me me want want want

I guess i will have to wait. But I do not in anyway think Apple is simply not releasing the things I want because they didn't want to steal the schuffles thunder!!

Don't forget we have a Superbowl advert in a few days -- and this may bring us something MUCH MUCH better :)

GotPro
Jan 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
Apple dissed me on my choice of engraving.

I thought it would be kinda cool, ok, geek, I'm sure, but still... cool, to have the latin term for:

"They Condemn what they do not Understand"...

hehehehe

But Apple REJECTED MY ENGRAVING.

Here is the actual latin phrase:

damnant quodnon intelligunt

Crap. Apparently it thinks the first word is a cuss word :(

Dash4814
Jan 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
Apple dissed me on my choice of engraving.

I thought it would be kinda cool, ok, geek, I'm sure, but still... cool, to have the latin term for:

"They Condemn what they do not Understand"...

hehehehe

But Apple REJECTED MY ENGRAVING.

Here is the actual latin phrase:

damnant quodnon intelligunt

Crap. Apparently it thinks the first word is a cuss word :(

Hammer. Chisel. Really tiny chisel.

You know what to do.

freebooter
Jan 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shut up! Your snoring woke me up from the restorative slumber this Shuffle update blessed me with.
ahhhh.

zzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzzzz

GotPro
Jan 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Hey, at least the rumored event for Feb. 20th won't be about "colored ipods". Whoo Hoo.

Didn't Apple used to be a computer company or something. I could have swore that in the 70's, 80's, and 90's Apple used to release new computer harware, software, and OS updates.

Yes. Thats the key, though... they USED to be a computer company.

Apple Computer, Inc.

They are NO LONGER a computer company, and in case you missed it, have changed their name to

Apple, Inc.

Mulyahnto
Jan 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
Has anyone noticed that Microsoft used to be just 100x more profitable than Apple...

And now Apple has 3% market share compared to about 90% for Microsoft... yet, Apple made NEARLY 1/2 the total revenues of Microsoft for the last fiscal year??? Some 20Billion for Apple to almost $44Billion for Microsoft.

That has GOTTA be a slap in the face for Microsoft, wouldn't you say?

Just think how much money Apple would be making if IT had 90% of the marketshare instead... :eek: Would it be in the Trillions? :eek:

People have been debating this point everywhere. The main points are:

Apple makes Hardware + Software
Microsoft just makes Software

Software has a HUGE gross margin, because it costs so little to manufacture and a fairly big net margin because "programming and R/D" is not a volume dependent cost.
Hardware has a smaller gross margin, but a higher price point

The price of WinXP is about the same price of a iPod

Microsoft has consistently high profit due to high margins
Microsoft has a relatively low revenue due to lower price points of their product

For every PC sold, microsoft only has a equivalent revenue of $xxx (I would guess $100 or so, and so an equivalent gross profit of about $95 and net income of about $50.)

While for every Mac sold, Apple has an equivalent revenue of $xxx (I would guess $1,500 and an equivalent gross profit of about $500 and an equivalent net income of about $200).

I would say revenue indicates a RELATIVE SIZE of the company. While net income or net margin indicates the RELATIVE PERFORMANCE of the company.

BuzWeaver
Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
And their was much rejoicing. Orange in the Nano would be cool :)

gauchogolfer
Jan 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
Another orange fan here, don't forget about the Longhorns!

ChrisA
Jan 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
Wearing all those shuffles, JUST HOW MANY EARS DOES THAT PERSON HAVE!!!:eek: :D

Notice in the picture that only one of the iPods has an earphone cable plugged into it.

I've actually thought of buying a second Shuffle so I can keep a different kind of music on each one. I listen to more abstract stuff (Debussy, Coltrane, Bartok,... at work and more pop/rock at the gym

BuzWeaver
Jan 30, 2007, 11:34 AM

And Tennessee Vols!

digitalbiker
Jan 30, 2007, 11:43 AM

Software has a HUGE gross margin, because it costs so little to manufacture and a fairly big net margin because "programming and R/D" is not a volume dependent cost.

Maybe. But I think it is even simpler than that.

MS hasn't released a major piece of software to generate significant income in 5+ years.
All of the Office updates have been minor updates. All of the XP service pack updates have been free bug fixes. Sure they always sale product with every computer sold but the margins are much smaller and sales numbers are smaller.
MS has been putting a lot of R&D money in Vista. After the Vista release there will probably be a lot of users buying Vista within the first year of release. This will most likely boost MS profits.
Also MS has a number of loss-leader projects such as X-box to gain entry into the market. Those type project really hurt the bottom line in the beginning.

Also, it could also be perceived that Apple is greedier than MS. Apple raped it's customer base last year. Profits (not revenues) were much much larger than they have ever been in the history of the company. However if Apple puts the bulk of that money back into R&D I don't think many will mind. It's the flakey stock option deals with Board members and SJ that bother people when profits are at a record high.

twoodcc
Jan 30, 2007, 11:52 AM

exactly my thoughts as well.....

student_trap
Jan 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
What about what you said could possibly be interpreted as offensive or embarrassing? :p

No, I was referring to roland.g's post from earlier.

thats what i was unsure about! sorry to be all :confused: about it!

CrackedButter
Jan 30, 2007, 12:02 PM

MS hasn't released a major piece of software to generate significant income in 5+ years.
All of the Office updates have been minor updates. All of the XP service pack updates have been free bug fixes. Sure they always sale product with every computer sold but the margins are much smaller and sales numbers are smaller.
MS has been putting a lot of R&D money in Vista. After the Vista release there will probably be a lot of users buying Vista within the first year of release. This will most likely boost MS profits.
Also MS has a number of loss-leader projects such as X-box to gain entry into the market. Those type project really hurt the bottom line in the beginning.

Also, it could also be perceived that Apple is greedier than MS. Apple raped it's customer base last year. Profits (not revenues) were much much larger than they have ever been in the history of the company. However if Apple puts the bulk of that money back into R&D I don't think many will mind. It's the flakey stock option deals with Board members and SJ that bother people when profits are at a record high.

Just so you know, you can't rape the willing!

Porchland
Jan 30, 2007, 12:16 PM

There's no hoopla. Apple refreshed the shuffle and put out a press release. Mac blogs and fanboys post about it. End of story.

codycartoon
Jan 30, 2007, 12:18 PM
Those look edible.

Porchland
Jan 30, 2007, 12:18 PM
Another orange fan here, don't forget about the Longhorns!

I thought their color was doodoo brown?

GO VOLS!!!!

bonze
Jan 30, 2007, 12:22 PM
Notice in the picture that only one of the iPods has an earphone cable plugged into it.

I've actually thought of buying a second Shuffle so I can keep a different kind of music on each one. I listen to more abstract stuff (Debussy, Coltrane, Bartok,... at work and more pop/rock at the gym

This suggests a new product idea: a clipon switchbox for earbuds. Of course, to match all the Shuffles that you'll be wearing, the switchbox would have to be rainbow-colored. (Shaped and colored like the original Apple logo?) :rolleyes:

Each color could be a button for the switch, and would color-code to the corresponding Shuffle.

tshakey
Jan 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
cool!! 5 colours, fill each one up for 5 moods
ppl r gonna luv these colourful little minstrels

KindredMAC
Jan 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
Gotta chime in that I too am VERY surprised they did not release a Black one even for $99. Totally surprised....

mikeinternet
Jan 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
...And by the way, any guys who are excited about orange, pink or even light blue and green shuffles need to be shot. Let me rephrase that, any guy who is excited about a shuffle period needs to be shot....

shoot me.

i love my shuffle. it's more than enough music for me to listen to on a regular day. and i don't even feel like i'm carrying anything at all. just drop it in my pocket with loose change. or clip it on my shirt riding my bike.

i'm not really particular to any one color. how about white?

Whistleway
Jan 30, 2007, 12:38 PM
do they come with old desgin earbuds or the new one.

Thanks.

mikeinternet
Jan 30, 2007, 12:42 PM

the bigger ones hurt my ears. i have a brand new pair of them in the wrapper and never put in ears before. i'll trade you for the small ones when you get them.

seriously if you want to email me. mikeinternet@gmail.com

Rychiar
Jan 30, 2007, 12:52 PM
I still can't comprehend why anyone would ever want a shuffle. ther alltogether useless devices unless your poor and just want the supposed status of having an iPod. the whole benefit of mp3 players is being able to take your whole library in a nice neatly organized way:rolleyes:

johnmcboston
Jan 30, 2007, 12:52 PM
where's the black one??

Forget colors. I was hoping they'd squeeze some more memory into those puppies. :-)

Evangelion
Jan 30, 2007, 12:53 PM

Then buy the refurbed Nano, no-one is stopping you. But if you want something smaller, cheaper and brand-new, there is the Shuffle. No, Nano is not 1:1 replacement for the Shuffle, and vice versa. That is why we have tons of people buing Shuffles instead of Nanos. And that is why we have tons of people buying Nanos instead of Shuffles.

Like it or not, there is a market for the Shuffle. And a huge one at that.

oldwatery
Jan 30, 2007, 12:57 PM
Where's the computers?
Where's the software?

I've got a useless MBP that Apple cannot get to work right but thank goodness we have colored Shuffles:rolleyes:

This is SO lame:mad:

steve_hill4
Jan 30, 2007, 12:58 PM
Er, the link to the US store in the story actually links to iPod nanos, not the shuffles.

Anyway, great little story, but bring on the big boys.

jelloshotsrule
Jan 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
Where's the computers?
Where's the software?

I've got a useless MBP that Apple cannot get to work right but thank goodness we have colored Shuffles:rolleyes:

yeah, it's always annoying when the repair man is called out to release a new product. why can't apple afford to hire different people to handle different things?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

steve_hill4
Jan 30, 2007, 01:21 PM
yeah, it's always annoying when the repair man is called out to release a new product. why can't apple afford to hire different people to handle different things?!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Or it could be argued that too much focus within Apple's R&D and product releases are for iPods and other non-Mac hardware and software. I know they ain't a computer manufacturer alone anymore, but people around here would like to see better servicing, more reliable machines from the get-go and quicker updates to the hardware/software packages for Macs.

I personally agree with many of these arguments, but also like to see more significant iPod updates than merely new colours.

chubad
Jan 30, 2007, 01:23 PM

iLife will have features that require Leopard. iLife will ship as part of Leopard. Leopard will be $30.00 more than Tiger. Any more questions?:D :apple:;)

Robbouk
Jan 30, 2007, 01:27 PM
I, like many, really like the new Orange Shuffle in particular. Be nice if they had an Orange Nano.

Wonder if they'll ever make the Video 30 and 80 in different colours apart from just Black and White.

MacVault
Jan 30, 2007, 01:32 PM
Although I think the iPhone is pretty cool - asside from Cingular and contracts, I was happy to see something knock it off Apple's homepage. I was thinking the iPhone might be up there for a LONG time seeing how giddy Steve Jobs was when he introduced it. Now, maybe Leopard has a chance to jump up onto the page soooooon!

ksz
Jan 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
do they come with old desgin earbuds or the new one.

Thanks.
Good question. They come with the new earbuds according to engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/30/ipod-shuffle-now-with-color/):

Update: We got so distracted by all those flashy colors, we forgot to mention the neatest part of the announcement. You might remember the (minor) public outcry at Apple's failure to include those snazzy new iPod headphones with its 2G shuffle, especially considering the fact that the first time we got our hands on one, Apple was showing it off with the new headphones in tow. Well now it looks like Apple has finally gotten with the program and is including the new headphones with the 2G shuffle. Thanks, Christopher K. for pointing this out.

theLimit
Jan 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
Still wishing for an Imperial Purple shuffle/nano. I'd even settle for Violet.

JGowan
Jan 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
Give an iPod to someone without really giving them an iPod.

Wayne: I got an iPod for my birthday!
Bill: Awesome!!! Is it the 30 gig or that 80 gig Bad Boy?
Wayne: Neither. It's a...
Bill: (interrupting) Oh!! Then you got one of this sick, slick, aluminum jobs with the colors! What color did you get? Or did you get the 8 gig Black bad boy?!
Wayne: It's blue -- but it's the 1 gig Shuffle, er um, bad boy.
Bill: (long air-is-sucked-out-of-the-room silence)... cool. I need to get back to my work.

:p

Just joking. I love my silver shuffle. My wife loves hers, too. Sometimes I think more than she loves her 80GB Bad Boy I got her in September.

But, I say this:

When buying someone a $79 iPod or a nano for twice that much, most people will cheap out and go for the Shuffle.

It's a great product. It's no nano, but certainly better than the Pack of Gum on a Lanyard that was Generation One. But for the Real iPod experience, there's nothing like one of those at the top of the heap.

Of course, eventually the touchscreen iPod will put everything below to utter shame.

I can't wait to get one and gloat.

:D

zblaxberg
Jan 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
who cares about new colors!:mad:
I'm very disappointed. I have an ipod video and even if I did have a shuffle why should I wanna buy one just because they came out with new colors?!?!:(

baseballman1243
Jan 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
Not that amazing, but i really like the orange one.

Evangelion
Jan 30, 2007, 01:47 PM
Where's the computers?
Where's the software?

Funny, had Apple not released anything, no-one would be complaining. But since they are releasing something, and it's not the new ubercomputer everyone has been waiting for, the whining begins.

joepunk
Jan 30, 2007, 01:48 PM
Don't know why but I am drawn to that Orange Shuffle. Was the first one I looked at when seeing the colours.

oldwatery
Jan 30, 2007, 01:54 PM
Or it could be argued that too much focus within Apple's R&D and product releases are for iPods and other non-Mac hardware and software. I know they ain't a computer manufacturer alone anymore, but people around here would like to see better servicing, more reliable machines from the get-go and quicker updates to the hardware/software packages for Macs.

I personally agree with many of these arguments, but also like to see more significant iPod updates than merely new colours.

I absolutely agree Steve.
Well said.

I kinda wish they had spun off the iPod/TV/phone departments from the core computer company.
I really think they are taking their eyes off the computer/professional ball too much lately.
I love some of the home/personal products but they are getting too much attention lately. Did you see how Steve said that the new Airport Extreme with it's lack of high speed ethernet connections is perfectly adequate for most "household use".
Hmmmmmmmm:(

oldwatery
Jan 30, 2007, 01:57 PM
Funny, had Apple not released anything, no-one would be complaining. But since they are releasing something, and it's not the new ubercomputer everyone has been waiting for, the whining begins.

Actually I've been "whining" since November so it has nothing to do with some colored Shuffles.......just an apparent lack of focus on the things important to me:D

MacsAttack
Jan 30, 2007, 02:06 PM
Forget colors. I was hoping they'd squeeze some more memory into those puppies. :-)

That will come just in time for the XMas...

All those parents who got their kids Shuffles as stocking-fillers are gnashing their teeth because NOW the children WANT THE ORANGE ONE!:eek:

Just look baks. Apple has a history of incrimental updates to iPods. Just doing enough to keep them ahead of the competition and in demand.

No way will apple not use the iPhone interface on the iPod. It is just a question of when. Once the costs of production come down to the point where they can hit their target margines (spured on by iPhone uptake we can hope), then the iPod will get the works.

Then some of the old iPod gizmos will filter down to the Nano. Biggger screen and limited video playback perhaps?

Taken in isolation the timing on this Shuffle update is just right.

Unfotunatly the complete lack of any Mac related news is currently sending out the wrong kind of signals. They should have demoed Leopard at MacWorld (a nice little spoiler to rain on the up-comming Vista launch), and given the iPhone its own event last week.

Unless Apple has no Mac related products until the end of this year...Right now I'm not recomending Macs to swithers. Not until Apple show some commitment to the platform (wireless routers don't count - they work with any OS, Aple TV does not count - dito, a phone that most of the world is not going to see this year also does not count).

Evangelion
Jan 30, 2007, 02:21 PM
Actually I've been "whining" since November so it has nothing to do with some colored Shuffles.......just an apparent lack of focus on the things important to me:D

"apparent lack of focus"? You mean other that the massive overhaul of their entire line of computers, instroduction of new processors, increase in the amount of RAM in pro-laptops, adding of new features, upcoming releases of new software for the said computer etc. etc. Remember how it was just few years ago? "Woohoo, Apple just increased the CPU-speeds by 170Mhz!". And NOW that we have had HUGE improvements to their computers in the course of the year, people are complaining about "apparent lack of focus"????

What is this, a Monty Python sketch?

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

XERXES: Brought peace.

REG: Oh. Peace? Shut up!

shrimpdesign
Jan 30, 2007, 03:01 PM
Where's the computers?
Where's the software?

I'm sure Apple delayed everything else just to piss you off.

Yeah. It's not because those other products aren't ready to be released. It's because they're idiots. Good argument.

You know what would be released today if the new shuffles weren't? NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.*

God there's so much whining about the d*m colors. So Apple didn't release the quantum infinity Mac Pros with petrayte RAID arrays. Or Leopard. Get over it, those products will come when they're good and ready. I'd rather buy a complete and well-made product than a half-assed one.

*besides the 802.11n enabler

Compile 'em all
Jan 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5756/ipodshuffle2gorange1ty5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5613/ipodshuffle2gorange2hx7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3047/ipodshuffle2gorange10cm4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

More pics here (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2455).

digitalbiker
Jan 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
"apparent lack of focus"? You mean other that the massive overhaul of their entire line of computers, instroduction of new processors, increase in the amount of RAM in pro-laptops, adding of new features, upcoming releases of new software for the said computer etc. etc. Remember how it was just few years ago? "Woohoo, Apple just increased the CPU-speeds by 170Mhz!". And NOW that we have had HUGE improvements to their computers in the course of the year, people are complaining about "apparent lack of focus"????

What is this, a Monty Python sketch?

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

XERXES: Brought peace.

REG: Oh. Peace? Shut up!

Uhh yeah, lack of focus. Apple shifts from being an innovative computer company to being a multi-electronic appliance company.

They shifted away from designing custom conputer hardware with non-mainstream chipsets and OS, to being just another PC company that uses off the shelf chipsets and crammed them into the previous custom housing.

They changed their name to signify the shift in company vision away from computers.

They jumped into the phone market.

They slowed the update cycle for OS X. The Mac Pro, iMac, and MacBook Pro designs are essentially unchanged other than swapping out the PPC components for the last 4-5 years.

Quality control of computer products has dropped significantly over the last 5 years. Just look at all of the problems with heat, fan, battery, poor backlighting, etc. that has plagued the current line of MacBook Pros.

Next step in succession is for Apple to release OS X for general PC hardware licensing. Out source computer harware design to an entity such as Alienware and boom.

Apple Computer is "Apple Inc". The new "Sony Style".

gauriemma
Jan 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
Don't know why but I am drawn to that Orange Shuffle. Was the first one I looked at when seeing the colours.

I think it's kind of hot, too. Probably because it's the 'different' one (i.e. the only color that hasn't already shown up on the Nano).

mashinhead
Jan 30, 2007, 03:30 PM
so i take it these are already in stores

flyinmac
Jan 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
Here's hoping that Apple decides to release something soon that I can get excited about.

It's been almost a year now since Apple made an announcement or update that was exciting and full of energy.

The minor iPod tweaks are less than thrilling. Cool. But, not exciting.

Sure, colors are great. But, it's one of those "About time" things. Not exciting. Just doing what they should have done already.

Now that we've been through one minor release after another, and a Mac World show that was so boring I found my attention constantly drifting to my the more exciting work I was doing for my employer on the old PC, I think it's about time for Apple to get back out there and blow my mind the way they used to.

It's pretty bad when working with spread-sheets and typing documents is more exciting than a Steve Jobs presentation. His past presentations were the type that would have kept me hanging for his next word (just waiting to see what he'll say next). The recent announcements have been the type where I forget he's speaking and get distracted by other things around me.

Come on Apple. Show me something impressive. Really blow my mind. Show me a computer that is not a minor evolution or speed bump. Show me a computer that really takes a leap and makes everything we have today look like a toy. Come on, I know you can do it.

Let's stop with the minor updates, and resume your position as the market leader. The iMac has only seen minor CPU updates and the case is starting to look less and less impressive (just because it remains unchanged since 2004 and I've had a few of them), the Mini even more minor updates, and the Mac Pro is already showing it's age as other companies are already offering machines based on the Quad Core processors.

Now that you're on the same playing field (Intel) as the other players, it's time to start keeping-up.

Even better, take the lead.

CHROMEDOME
Jan 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
I think it's kind of hot, too. Probably because it's the 'different' one (i.e. the only color that hasn't already shown up on the Nano).

Excatly, the only color I would get would be the orange.

Mulyahnto
Jan 30, 2007, 03:36 PM

But remember that (almost) every Windows PC sold comes with XP installed (until today). While they won't earn the full retail price, they will earn a big chunk of it, and it will still be a significant revenue source if we calculate $100/PC and 60 Million PC's sold each quarter and 90% of them are running windows XP, that's still a revenue stream of $5 billion each quarter, and that's only from OS, not calculating the productivity software that comes installed on some of them.

LaMerVipere
Jan 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
I want a green one sooo bad. :eek:

BUT...I think I'm gonna buy a new scanner instead. My trusty (now old) 60GB iPod w/video is still going strong.

mmmcheese
Jan 30, 2007, 03:50 PM
honestly, none of us really NEED any of this crap. they are luxuries

i know Apple is doing this to make money, and i commend them for it. i just wish they would focus on other stuff. Everyone have fun with their little colored shuffles.

I meant in terms of iPod requirements...some want tiny, some want a screen, some want tons of space or video playback. If all you ever do is listen to music on random, and you want something light, it makes perfect sense. Just because you don't see value in it, it doesn't mean others don't either.

coffeecty
Jan 30, 2007, 04:03 PM
I wish Apple would come out with a 12", 15", or 17" Mac mini with the formfactor of the studio displays and the new colours of the Shuffles (And Orange, Please, Orange! I need Orange!). Macbooks with colours would be a wonderful edition, too.

truz
Jan 30, 2007, 04:23 PM
My next computer will be an iPumpkin.

lol, I hope they don't start making orange macbooks damnit! I would like to see a stainless steel imac and a black imac tho :)

sucks that they did not release a black ipod shuffle, I was going to purchase a silver one, now I might wait until a black or white one is released

orange does look kinda cool tho

dernhelm
Jan 30, 2007, 04:44 PM
Orange is totally cool. Hope they stick with it and make the next iPod videos available in it.

MacRumorsReader
Jan 30, 2007, 04:46 PM
The orange one... it speaks to me...

iPoodOverZune
Jan 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
Orange is the new black!

No. Orange is the new BROWN....:D

iPoodOverZune
Jan 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
Heh, that was EXACTLY the same "argument" people used back when iPod Mini was announced. "Why should I get the Mini when I could just spend a bit more money, and get the real iPod instead?". So we could continue that with "Why should I get a Shuffle, when by paying a bit more I could get a Nano instead? And paying just a bit more I could get the Videi iPod instead...". Pretty soon you would find yourself spending $349 instead of $79. Not that Apple would complain :).

Why buy a video iPod when paying a bit more, you will be able to get a widescreen iPod (iPhone)! :D

rtdunham
Jan 30, 2007, 05:15 PM
It's not the newest one. That would be the Airport Extreme base station.

next tuesday: colored AE base stations! :eek:

rtdunham
Jan 30, 2007, 05:21 PM

unfortunately, apple knew it would be announcing these variants, so any boost in sales due to them (I think you're right, btw) would have been included in the company's very modest financial guidance for the present quarter.

wmmk
Jan 30, 2007, 05:23 PM

along with the iTV, unless you mean SHIPPING apple product.

rtdunham
Jan 30, 2007, 05:28 PM

referring to the post about some colors being only for girls--shuffles, even, being only for girls--then i suspect people are ragging on that poster for thinking that gender identification has so much to do with preferences of style or color or design. there's a generalization that people who are comfortable about gender identities don't much worry about such things.

or maybe the writer was just kidding.

macfan881
Jan 30, 2007, 05:31 PM
and Tennessee fans i dont think will see 8 core mac pros till wwdc 4 maybe some time soon but somethin that big wont happen till wwdc i think

Thomas421
Jan 30, 2007, 05:38 PM
5 minutes of spare time, a movie fan, and some inspiration:

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/300107/6217730.jpeg

I ordered myself this beautiful baby:
http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/300107/0266840.png

and that's the last reservoir dogs related post I'll make ;)

Schnebar
Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
Just ordered an Orange one.

I also got the free gift box just so I could have another apple box.

shrimpdesign
Jan 30, 2007, 06:09 PM
Uhh yeah, lack of focus. Apple shifts from being an innovative computer company to being a multi-electronic appliance company.
I wouldn't call that "lack of focus" ... so far all their products are still computer-based. The iPhone is basically a computer. It runs OS X. The iPod is basically a computer, but the iPod OS seems to be on the way out; it'll most likely be replaced with the iPhone OS X.

They shifted away from designing custom conputer hardware with non-mainstream chipsets and OS, to being just another PC company that uses off the shelf chipsets and crammed them into the previous custom housing.
You inaccurately say that they shifted away from using a non-mainstream chipset and OS, when in actuallity, they ONLY shifted away from using non-mainstream chipsets. The Mac OS is still non-mainstream.

So Apple is like an indie band? OMG Decemberists signed to capitol! SELLOUTS.

Apple wanted to have processor speeds. IBM and Motorola were lagging behind with their PPC chipset, so Apple ditched them. It's not about who's popular, it's about who's best. PPC were good processors, but lately they have lagged behind. Remember the 3Ghz promise?

And you are using negitive connotation, trying to sway people's opinions. I doubt Apple "crams" off the shelf chipsets into their computers. It's been reported that Intel and Apple have worked closely to replace the PPC innerds with x86 ones.

They changed their name to signify the shift in company vision away from computers.
Yes. And therefore their computers suck. Good logic.

And phones aren't computers? And that phone isn't running OS X?

All their products are either: 1) computers, or 2) run on computers (the majority on OS X) So I would argue that you're an idiot, and you don't understand Apple's way of business.

They slowed the update cycle for OS X.
Steve Jobs said when OS X was introduced that the development cycles were going to be fast for the first couple years, and then slow down. So it's slowing down. It's not surpiring to most people. Who wants to pay $120 every single year for a new OS X?

The Mac Pro, iMac, and MacBook Pro designs are essentially unchanged other than swapping out the PPC components for the last 4-5 years.
Most likely they did that to show they were still Macs. Unlike a lot of people on this forum, many of Apple's customers are not savvy with how computers work, so to show that Macs are still Macs, they kept the custom casing the same, and changed the chipset.

Quality control of computer products has dropped significantly over the last 5 years. Just look at all of the problems with heat, fan, battery, poor backlighting, etc. that has plagued the current line of MacBook Pros.
No it hasn't. There were problems with the MacBook Pro, and the MacBook. No other products had major problems. And it's no wonder the notebooks had problems; using a whole new chipset in a notebook that is 1" thick .. I'm betting that's hard. Although no excuse for Apple. They should have done better.

However, I got a first generation Intel iMac. No problems at all. Very nice quality. I couldn't be happier.

So if you list the products without major problems, and compare it with the product with problems, it would look like this:

Without problems: iMac Intel, Mac Mini intel, Mac Pro, Cinema Displays, Xserve Intel, iPod 5.5G, iPod nano 2G, iPod Shuffle 2G, iPod Hi-Fi

With problems: MacBook Pro, MacBook

So 9 vs 2 just in the past year. Oh, yeah. Apple is doomed.

Apple Computer is "Apple Inc". The new "Sony Style".
Yeah, besides differing philosophies and execution of business, they're exactly the same.

Grakkle
Jan 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
Humph. I don't understand the fuss about the shuffle myself - coloured or no.

Basically it's just an undersized iPod with minimal storage. The lack of a screen is a severe limitation.

john789
Jan 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
Where is my Black shuffle?? Orange is awesome..Pink? for stupid valentines day? that is just pathetic...the other colors are cute..but i really wanted the black one to match my black nano...what happened :apple: ???. Apple didn't steal a spark from windows vista release...but in february Apple will take revenge!!

student_trap
Jan 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
Humph. I don't understand the fuss about the shuffle myself - coloured or no.

Basically it's just an undersized iPod with minimal storage. The lack of a screen is a severe limitation.

or it could be seen as an asset. it all depends on what you use it for, and for jogging/gym, and for keeping a music player with you at all times, its fantastic. if i go to a club, and have to get a night bus home, i dont want to take a fulsize ipod with me as it is a) too big and b) could get lost. A shuffle lets me take something with me so the 45mins it takes me to get home isn't so boring. in the gym, a fullsize ipod is too much to hold, and falls out of my pocket, so a shuffle is wonderful as it enables me to clip it on and leave it, while also not worrying about it as it is relatively cheap. in both situations i wouldn't really need to choose songs, id want up tempo songs for the gym, and chilled songs for after the club, which could be easily done before leaving home, and in both cases, some music is better than no music.

it is not a big update AT ALL, but it is a nice update. Choice is good:)

Grakkle
Jan 30, 2007, 07:14 PM
it is not a big update AT ALL, but it is a nice update. Choice is good:)

I suppose the shuffle could be appropriate for some things - I wouldn't buy it myself, but I guess the colour makes it more interesting if you do want one!

hagjohn
Jan 30, 2007, 07:59 PM

Syracuse too.

swingerofbirch
Jan 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
Hmmm...I am considering selling my mint (never left case) 5G 30 GB white iPod and getting one of these, as I almost never use it for anything other than music, and rarely do I need to "find" a song, I just have it on shuffle. Anyone know how much my iPod would go for? Is anyone else tempted to "downgrade"?

ezekielrage_99
Jan 30, 2007, 08:48 PM
Such a deal. If you want to look like the fanboy/girl in the photo, it's only gonna cost you $395 plus the hospital bills after the mugging. :pBravo.

Mugged is the new black :confused:

I ordered myself this beautiful baby:
http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/300107/0266840.png

and that's the last reservoir dogs related post I'll make ;)

That's is such a good line for a pink iPod shuffle :D

MacNtoss
Jan 30, 2007, 09:51 PM
I want black! or Zune Brown....just kidding:D i can't believe i said that (i was trying to be funny,not funny i know). Apple here me out, I want a Black one Please!

thebrain74
Jan 30, 2007, 10:25 PM
I don't think anybody should be annoyed with this product announcement. yes I want iwork/ilife/totally-awesome-super-thin-LED-lit-Leopard-Macbook-pro, to0, but at least apple released something that everybody can afford, which, they dont do very ofter (drools over Mac Pro that is oh so out of my price range:) )

Evangelion
Jan 31, 2007, 02:02 AM

Even though they have other products besides computers these days, I bet that Apple's computer-division has MORE resources at their disposal these days than they did say five years ago

Well, back when they did design "custom computer hardware with non-mainstream chipsets", they were stuck in a dead-end. While PC-competitors were increasing their performance by huge amounts, Apple was stuck at adding 100Mhz now and then to the clock-speed. Remember when Apple was stuck at 166Mhz bus for years, while their competitors rushed far ahead? Remember when Apple was forced do discontinue the 500Mhz PowerMac, because Motorola could not supply them with chips?

Fact is that back in those days Apple was at the mercy of IBM and Motorola. And Apple was a small customer for both. Neither IBM or Motorola had that much interest in designing CPU's for Apple, they wanted to design CPU's for other uses instead. Intel does have a huge interest in designing CPU's for the exact uses Apple wants to use them in.

Having non-mainstream hardware is not "better" by default. It's just different. If you can offer your customers a better product with mainstream parts, is there any reason NOT to do it? No, being different is not a good reason. Only posers and elitists care about that stuff. Or should Apple be different for the sake of being different, even if that difference actually makes their products worse?

Or could it really be because they just do a lot more these days than just computers?

So? How exactly does that prove that computers are receiving less attention these days?

They slowed the update cycle for OS X.

Could it be because OS X is basically finished? Yes, they updated OS X fast years ago. But that was because it was half-finished product with lots of room for improvement. That is no longer the case, they have already collected the low-hanging fruit. Now the improvements require more work, and it therefore takes a longer time to release those improvements.

The Mac Pro, iMac, and MacBook Pro designs are essentially unchanged other than swapping out the PPC components for the last 4-5 years.

Is there something wrong with their design? Should the change them for the sake of changing them? Mac Pro received a huge internal upgrade, even though the outside was left relatively unchanged. I see no reason for them to change the design. They have more or less perfected the design as it is, why should they change it?

And earlier we had issues with logic-board failures, laptops that burst in to flames, windtunnel-PowerMacs, cracking Cubes etc. etc. There has always been issues with quality, it's not like things have changed recently.

mashinhead
Jan 31, 2007, 02:11 AM
i don't know why everyone wants their nano's and shuffles to match. Seems kinda boring to me. I'm thinking of a green one or an orange.....still torn.

iShak
Jan 31, 2007, 05:50 AM
ceramic white ipod with a layer of clear polycarbonate was the best apple has done.

this coloured metal is just cheap .. good thing i bought my ipod when ipod was still 'ipod'

Evangelion
Jan 31, 2007, 06:06 AM
ceramic white ipod with a layer of clear polycarbonate was the best apple has done.

this coloured metal is just cheap .. good thing i bought my ipod when ipod was still 'ipod'

Um, the white iPod is still available. The fact that they have introduced additional models besides the White iPod does not mean that the White iPod has disappeared.

iShak
Jan 31, 2007, 06:28 AM
Um, the white iPod is still available. The fact that they have introduced additional models besides the White iPod does not mean that the White iPod has disappeared.

sorry my bad, i was talking about nano's in particular, since now shuffles have followed suit .. and yes you are right white ipods are still available (5.5g right?)

i wish they had done the same with shuffles, pretty little glossy squares tucked on my collar would have looked pretty nice ...

Evangelion
Jan 31, 2007, 06:48 AM
sorry my bad, i was talking about nano's in particular, since now shuffles have followed suit .. and yes you are right white ipods are still available (5.5g right?)

i wish they had done the same with shuffles, pretty little glossy squares tucked on my collar would have looked pretty nice ...

While they might look good, they are also scratch-magnets, espesially the black models. My iPod Mini still looks almost brand new, even after almost two years. Had it been made from glossy plastic, it would look like crap by now.

asxtb
Jan 31, 2007, 07:42 AM
Really liked the new shuffle but convinced myself I really didn't need it. I had been good and hadn't gotten one yet. Now Apple releases an orange shuffle and I may just end up buying one to go with my orange boxers, orange socks, orange shirts, orange bag, and orange shoes. :D

In case you couldn't tell, my favorite color is orange!

gauriemma
Jan 31, 2007, 09:19 AM
And by the way, any guys who are excited about orange, pink or even light blue and green shuffles need to be shot. Let me rephrase that, any guy who is excited about a shuffle period needs to be shot.

Yikes. Guess I'd better watch my back around you, as my ORANGE Shuffle is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

My 80GB 5.5 gen 'pod is looking forward to meeting his baby sister...

stoid
Jan 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
I was really excited about the orange shuffle too. However, I saw it in person in the Apple store yesterday. It's a really dark pumpkin orange, and I think that it looks ugly.

Diatribe
Jan 31, 2007, 10:02 AM
It's either blue or green. I am not too sure yet. And I still need a definite answer on whether it updates the playcount.

acerbas
Jan 31, 2007, 10:45 AM
Gosh oh golly gee whiz. I'm totally underwhelmed. Where's the full screen true video iPod with bluetooth? Don't tell me the form factor is too small for bluetooth, they have it on the iPhone.

coffeecty
Jan 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
where are the AIO 17" coloured Mac Minis?

I need something to replace the Tangerine iMac in the kitchen... :D

areyouwishing
Jan 31, 2007, 04:04 PM
I bought a green one today. Reasons...

1. Needed Pod to replace stolen 5g Black iPod
2. Waiting on multi-touch ipods
3. Wearable and cool
4. 2 channels, or 150 channels, there is still "nothing" on tv syndrom, IE don't need my whole library.

johnmcboston
Jan 31, 2007, 05:49 PM
No way will apple not use the iPhone interface on the iPod.

As long as they maintain the current interface on some stuff. I can work the click wheel in my pocket without taking the ipod out. I'd hate to have to take it out and look at it every time I want to use a control....

glowingstar
Jan 31, 2007, 07:54 PM
i betcha black and (red) versions will be released, but not for a little while. and i predict the black one will be at least 2gb....

holamiamigos
Jan 31, 2007, 08:13 PM
i betcha black and (red) versions will be released, but not for a little while. and i predict the black one will be at least 2gb....

those would be sweet

kcroy
Jan 31, 2007, 09:26 PM
I saw the new MacRumors poll...vote on your favorite iPod shuffle. Well, I voted for Orange because it does look cool, I felt guilty. Orange reminds me of the Gators. Still sore about the Buckeyes losing.

What I would like is a BLACK iPod shuffle. Wouldn't that look great!?!?

kcroy
Jan 31, 2007, 09:28 PM
As long as they maintain the current interface on some stuff. I can work the click wheel in my pocket without taking the ipod out. I'd hate to have to take it out and look at it every time I want to use a control....

You could always plug in headphones with an iPod remote on the cord. Although, how far off can Bluetooth headphones be if they already have one for the iPhone? But I do know what you mean.

wiswis
Feb 1, 2007, 03:28 AM
How long does it take for amazon.com to put the new shuffles in there site?

Father Jack
Feb 1, 2007, 03:30 AM
Awesome ........ :cool:

FJ

mashinhead
Feb 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
I went to the apple store and checked them out yesterday. The orange doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look as good in person. I'm torn between green or blue, but now i'm thinking i might wait until they start appearing second hand on MR. I really don't think these things are worth more than $50 anyway.

pederg
Feb 4, 2007, 11:45 AM
Ordered mine the night, still awaiting delivery which was scheluked for friday :mad: soooo, has anyone held one in their hand yet and tried it? especially the green one, does it look good?

PG