PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime 5 Wierd Error

TEG
Mar 7, 2002, 05:07 PM
I was watching the "Whole Nine Yards" .mov Divx in QT5. I got to a certain Point, and a little window popped up. The scarriest part, was that I could only minimize the window, and Had to force quit QT. Any Ideas as to what it means, or any ideas on how to fix it?

Here (http://www.angelfire.com/wa/teg/qt.html) is a Screen Shot of what I'm talkin about
(You may need to Ctrl+Click and click on load image to get it to show up)

TEG

britboy
Mar 7, 2002, 05:14 PM
i get the same thing when watching divx movies in quicktime. You can quit the window that pops up (just press apple + q). It seems to happen when movie is asking a lot of the hardware. Well, that's been my experience anyhow.

Taft
Mar 7, 2002, 05:43 PM
I've had those boxes come up with messages as well. It seems to happen with decoding errors. Do you have the latest version of DivX? I haven't gotten an error with the new version yet.

Matthew

britboy
Mar 7, 2002, 05:53 PM
i had an error window come up this afternoon whilst watching 'Brotherhood of Wolves', and yes, i am using divx bundle 5 for the mac. It's still an alpha version though, so errors every so often are to be expected really

TEG
Mar 10, 2002, 01:02 PM
This only started since I installed the new Divx Decoder. I've since uninstalled it and it works fine.

TEG