Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
I have a Sony NW-HD5 MP3 player, and the software (sonicstage) keeps crashing on my pc, so i was wondering if there was software to use it on a mac.

Thanks

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
There is no SonicStage software for Mac. Will there ever be? Maybe, if Sony sees some money in it. There were rumors about SonicStage 4 BETA having been cross-platform at one point in its development. But they don't give a rat's tail about Mac users otherwise.

I could think of a lot of things to say about them, but here's putting it mildly: Sony is not a nice company. They are more lock-in proprietary than Apple, avoiding all but the bare minimum of third-party compatibility.

A quick search of MacUpdate using the keyword "Sony" doesn't look too promising, either. Doesn't look like anyone's come up with a hack.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
You can use Parallels or Boot Camp. But it will crash just as much. I've found Sony MP3 players, nice as they might be by themselves, always a waste of time due to Sonicstage. There is no Mac client.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks guys,
I love my Sony MP3 player, but only the player, not sonicstage. I want to smash my computer just cuz of sonicstage and get a new mp3 player, but what other player will give my 40 hours of battery life on a hdd player. I go 2-3 months while using it every day walking to class before i charge it.

But i want to smash sonicstage. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.