PDA

View Full Version : changing colours on seperate photo's

helsinkilegend
Feb 15, 2007, 04:24 AM
i am currently working with numerous slides that i have brought into photoshop. all of these slides, for various reasons, have slightly different colours. my question is, 'is there a tool in photoshop cs that i can use to change the colour of these photo's at the same time? (basically can i work with several photographs at the same time so that when i change the red on one photograph, it will change the red on several photographs?) any help will be appreciated.

ty

iMeowbot
Feb 15, 2007, 05:10 AM
PS does let you duplicate adjustments, but it's not really into the parallel processing thing. Some shortcuts you can use to speed up adjustments on multiple images:

- Apply your changes as adjustment layers. These can be quickly dragged from the layers palette onto other images.

- Use the Actions palette to record what you are doing, and replay the steps you decide to keep on the other images. (File->Automate->Batch is your pal here)

- If you have CS3, the so-called "smart filters" can be dragged around in the same way as adjustment layers.

bigus7674
Feb 15, 2007, 07:43 AM
if you only had CS2, this would be perfect for you:

http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=479

iMeowbot
Feb 15, 2007, 07:56 AM
if you only had CS2, this would be perfect for you:
PS 8 (CS1) does have the matching feature.

helsinkilegend
Feb 16, 2007, 01:48 AM
thanks for all of your info. i think this will help

ty