Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was still a conflict with the new beta/bootcamp with macdrive...

... with the original beta release, i couldn't have macdrive installed and running on my bootcamp partition, and still access the bootcamp partition with parallels.

it would be ideal if i could have both running without conflict, did parallels bother to address this with their most recent build of 3170?

thanks,
r.

dreamspy

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2005
I have a bootcamp partition which I run both from bootcamp , and from Parallels.

I was thinking about installing Macdrive to be able to access my mac drives while running in bootcamp.

But will running Parallels and Macdrive togeather work?

(i know I can use shared folders while running Parallels, just wondering if there is any harm having macdrive installed and only use it in bootcamp)

Guy Incognito

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
It works fine. I'm running Parallels 3070 + WinXP in Boot Camp + Macdrive. Parallels disables Macdrive when you run XP in the VM. You may need to reenable it when you boot via Boot Camp, but it works fine.

But will running Parallels and Macdrive together work?

(i know I can use shared folders while running Parallels, just wondering if there is any harm having macdrive installed and only use it in bootcamp)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.