PDA

View Full Version : CR survey ranks Apple #1


DakotaGuy
May 30, 2003, 08:53 AM
http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv3.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id%20=305449

This gives you an overview of the survey that was conducted. You need to be a Consumer Reports member to read more about the survey. Read and post comments...

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv3.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id%20=305449

This gives you an overview of the survey that was conducted. You need to be a Consumer Reports member to read more about the survey. Read and post comments...

I'm a Consumer Reports subscriber of many years. I participated in that survey! It's great to see that Apple is getting the recognition that it deserves. Great to know that the company that I love is also one of recgnized quality. :)

trebblekicked
May 30, 2003, 11:43 AM
i'm very glad to see this. apple has always been strong in quality of product and support. what do you think the effect of this will be?

**the thing that did shock me was micron. when i bought my last PC, microns were the shiznit. i guess they (like everyone else) has fallen on hard times.

iJon
May 30, 2003, 11:53 AM
this is great to hear, very surprising though. cr usually looks down on apple. they say they arent good because they dont have a floppy or virus protection software. then in the entry paragraph to the whol article they discuss how floppies arent that important any more, and viruses on macs, please

iJon

wdlove
May 30, 2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by iJon
this is great to hear, very surprising though. cr usually looks down on apple. they say they arent good because they dont have a floppy or virus protection software. then in the entry paragraph to the whol article they discuss how floppies arent that important any more, and viruses on macs, please

iJon

There report this time was based on the responses of readers like me. CR is capable of seeing the light. They know a quality product and service when they see it! :)

MacFan25
May 30, 2003, 03:22 PM
My parents get Consumer Reports. Last month there was an article about LCDs, and the Apple LCDs had very good ratings. I'm glad to see that Apple's customer support is so good!

applemacdude
May 30, 2003, 09:20 PM
go apple!:D

wdlove
May 31, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MacFan25
My parents get Consumer Reports. Last month there was an article about LCDs, and the Apple LCDs had very good ratings. I'm glad to see that Apple's customer support is so good!

Now if this kind of information could be place into the mainstream media! If the world could see more first hand accounts of the Quality and ease of use that Apple offers!

iJon
May 31, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Now if this kind of information could be place into the mainstream media! If the world could see more first hand accounts of the Quality and ease of use that Apple offers!
only problem is hardly anyone can test out these monitors because you have to have a mac, and unless you read the right sites and magizines few realize that the apple lcd's can work with a pc with the right hardware connected to it.

iJon