Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A press release issued today announced that both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates will be participating in a joint appearance at The Wall Street Journal's "D: All Things Digital" conference which takes place between May 29-31 near San Diego, California.

The conference sessions are in interview-format with no prepared speeches.

Beyond the joint event, Steve Jobs will also be participating in his own segment "to discuss the latest developments at Apple, including new ventures such as the iPhone and Apple TV."

Steve Jobs has participated before at this conference, and provided some of his insights on Apple and the market.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I really don't think these two icons hate each other as much as the internet community believes.Sure they have different philosophies about computers but in any case it should be an interesting discussion from these guys!

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
If they came on stage together and did the "I'm a Mac", "And I'm a PC" thing it would be just about the funniest thing ever.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
it could be billed as "mac vs pc" ads, the originals.....

"Hi I make macs"-Jobs
"And I make PC's"-Bill
"Umm.. I think you mean you 'borrow; ideas from other OS creators."
"Why Mac, why would you think that?"
"Oh... lets look, windows 95 was nothing more then mac '89, and windows vista is nothing more then mac OSX lite."
"That's of no matter, have you seen our new zune, it's the most revolutionary music player to date."
"Oh, you mean the iPod was the most revolutionary music player to date."
"Fine, but our windows media center came out before your :apple:TV."
"Yeah, and the cassette player came out before the iPod, whats your point?"

polyesterlester

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2002
Soldotna, Alaska
Steve usually turns these kind of conferences down, doesn't he? Although, I think he's done the All Things Digital one before though, right? I was more surprised that he shared the stage with Michael Dell at that education discussion.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
That is probably going to be an interesting session. I am sure there are going to be a lot of jokes about them competing but in all honesty it makes sense the speak together on this.

They are probably the two biggest names in techonology, I am sure a lot of interesting things are going to be said in the session.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I really don't think these two icons hate each other as much as the internet community believes.Sure they have different philosophies about computers but in any case it should be an interesting discussion from these guys!
I think they are friendly to each other when they have to be but don't bet on them going on a weekend camping trip together.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Steve should take a Zune, and go "Hey, I like how you're working the whole 'social' thing, let's see if I can find someone to share a song with.... Oh, nobody."

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
It's sad that this passes as news.

What we need is some hardware.

You know, something other than colored shuffles and 2 of the 3 MWSF products shipping 6+ weeks after they are announced.

iMacs, Minis, Mac Pros, Displays, ultra portables, something altogether new, a long-awaited OS combined with some newer hardware to run it on.

2007, it's just the beginning... of what. A whole lot of nothing so far.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
That is probably going to be an interesting session. I am sure there are going to be a lot of jokes about them competing but in all honesty it makes sense the speak together on this.

They are probably the two biggest names in techonology, I am sure a lot of interesting things are going to be said in the session.
I agree - I'm looking forward to this if for no other reason than the insight everyone will get from hearing these two tech titans speak.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I hope the conference is made available to a wider tech audience via iTunes Store purchase, streamed live or as a web download.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
It's sad that this passes as news.

What we need is some hardware.

You know, something other than colored shuffles and 2 of the 3 MWSF products shipping 6+ weeks after they are announced.

iMacs, Minis, Mac Pros, Displays, ultra portables, something altogether new, a long-awaited OS combined with some newer hardware to run it on.

2007, it's just the beginning... of what. A whole lot of nothing so far.

Oh boy 1.5 months into the year and weve gotten nothing. For gds sake mon be patient, you know how apple roles.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Oh boy 1.5 months into the year and weve gotten nothing. For gds sake mon be patient, you know how apple roles.

Sorry, but usually MWSF gives us 2-3 somethings in the computer department and by the end of January or mid-february, something else has seen a Tuesday revision. It's just really quiet. And I see the next home page change, :apple:tv now shipping. Ok great, something we already knew about is now available as promised - in February.

I have to imagine their sales are hurting a bit with so many people waiting on Mini and iMac revisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.