PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop / Creative Suite 3 on March 27th?

MacRumors
Feb 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Betanews reports (http://www.betanews.com/article/Report_Adobe_CS3_to_Debut_March_27/1172008453) that a Merrill Lynch analyst has stated that Adobe will likely introduce their Creative Suite 3 near March 27th "with a ship date that would follow shortly afterwards".

Jay Vleeschhouwer, the analyst who wrote the report disclosing the release date, says he expects about six different CS3 product suites, and 14 individual products overall. Core CS3 products would include Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

ThinkSecret posted (http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretnotes/0702psnote.shtml) a similar article reporting that Adobe had ramped up the release of development builds and that a ship date could come "as early as the end of March."

Builds are now being released to testers on an almost weekly basis, each more polished than the previous with continual bug fixes and stability improvements.

D3LM3L
Feb 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
Seems like a valid prediction...

and I DOUBT Leopard will be released similarly.

coumerelli
Feb 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
I so cannot wait :p

pito189
Feb 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
This would be glorious in every single way. Having Illustrator crashing constantly and then having to wait another 3 minutes for it to start every single time has gotten quite old and quite a pain in my ass.

LETS GO CS3 WOO HOOO!

MacVault
Feb 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
Seems like a valid prediction...

and I DOUBT Leopard will be released similarly.

Why do you doubt that? My first thought was this is indicative of Leopard's release date.

thejadedmonkey
Feb 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
I can see Apple doing this...
CS3, which requires 10.5... so... here's 10.5. and to show it off, our new Mac Pro Octo!

yup... I can see it now..

Peace
Feb 21, 2007, 01:02 PM
CS3, which requires 10.5... so... here's 10.5. and to show it off, our new Mac Pro Octo!

Exactly!

Am I wrong or did I read somewhere that CS3 was optimized for Leopard?

KingofAwesome
Feb 21, 2007, 01:04 PM
Maybe this will jump-start Mac Pro sales... which will maybe get Apple to release some other stuff I'm waiting for... which will maybe remove a digit from my bank account balance... which will make my cats hungry. So, in essence, CS3 will lead to a decrease in my neighborhood small rodent population. Woo hoo!

bigbossbmb
Feb 21, 2007, 01:05 PM
I don't remember seeing anything about optimization for Leopard... but that would be nice.

I can't wait. I hope After Effects 8 comes out at this time too, but I may have to wait until after NAB for that one.

RichP
Feb 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
I dont think adobe would want to limit their potential customer base to those running Leopard only.

I cant wait though, intel native goodness!

iGav
This would be glorious in every single way. Having Illustrator crashing constantly and then having to wait another 3 minutes for it to start every single time has gotten quite old and quite a pain in my ass.

And that's why god created Freehand. ;) :p

'bout time on the CS3 front though... Adobe have REALLY dragged their arses on this one... :rolleyes:

I wish we had other viable options in the design world, rather than being held ransom by the one company. :rolleyes:

puckhead193
I don't remember seeing anything about optimization for Leopard... but that would be nice.

I can't wait. I hope After Effects 8 comes out at this time too, but I may have to wait until after NAB for that one.

i tried looking around but is their a version that includes PS, illustrator, and AE?

Peace
Feb 21, 2007, 01:07 PM
I dont think adobe would want to limit their potential customer base to those running Leopard only.

I cant wait though, intel native goodness!

Ok I'm wrong.I did say optimized not required though :)

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 21, 2007, 01:10 PM
It's going to be good for everyone, including people who still run PPC systems. The only difference is that it will be Universal Binary which means faster app booting and much faster response times which is the big issue I have with my present Creative Suite on my macbook. I do plan on running leopard, but I can't wait to have both that and CS3 and eventually my Mac Pro. Oooooh mama.

Mydriasis
Feb 21, 2007, 01:10 PM
Bring it on!!!!!:D

dante@sisna.com
Feb 21, 2007, 01:13 PM

LETS GO CS3 WOO HOOO!

My Illustrator CS2 rarely crashes -- maybe like 4 times in a year and we use it all day long, everyday -- curious are you on a G5 or Mac Pro

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 21, 2007, 01:22 PM
PPC apps have a higher potential of crashing on Intel macs, which isn't terribly surprising since they're all running with the aid of a translator. I run CS on my macbook and it has never ever crashed and I use it all the time. The only problem I have is that it doesn't run as quickly as it would on a powerbook. Despite being a PPC app Photoshop, Illustrator, After effects 6.5, Final Cut Pro and Aperture all run fairly smoothly on my macbook, and all have yet to ever crash.

stealthrocket
Feb 21, 2007, 01:22 PM
This would fall in line with what a few Adobe employees hinted at at Macworld.

marting
Feb 21, 2007, 01:24 PM
As seen at http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?family=Moviedeal, Final Cut Express HD is discounted until March 27th.

It has had this promo date for a while, and so I think Apple is on track to release Leopard very close to that time.

I've got my new mac mini purchase tentatively scheduled...

flyinmac
Feb 21, 2007, 01:25 PM
I can just see it now.

Adobe releases the long-awaited update. Apple promptly releases Leopard the following week.

Adobe's sales stall while customers report that the Adobe software won't run properly on the newly released Leopard.

Adobe goes back into development mode to release a patch that will fix the couple of minor quirks that have caused customers to hold-off on buying the new suite.

A couple of weeks later, Adobe releases said update, and everything is fine in the world again.

todd2000
Cool, any chance of them FINALLY releasing an Intel version of Shockwave Player? It gets annoying having to run Safari in Rosetta mode every time I want to use shockwave, and it's not exactally very stable, the games I play will just freeze randomly for no reason.

pgwalsh
I so cannot wait :pMe too. It's about time and I'm excited. I'm still using PhotoShop 7 and Illustrator 10, so this should be a nice upgrade on my new Mac Pro. :D

failsafe1
Feb 21, 2007, 01:35 PM
I welcome the introduction of CS3. I held off on CS2 so I look forward to the performance boost.

twoodcc
Feb 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
well this will make a lot of people happy. bring it on, so more people can buy new intel macs ;) :apple:

digitalbiker
Feb 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
Alright!

This is the news I was waiting to hear. This means the new Mac Pro release is very immenent! I think it was fairly well accepted that Apple was a little reluctant to upgrade the Mac Pro until the premier industry photo suite went universal.

I have been waiting on purchasing a new Mac Pro ever since gen 1 came out last summer.

ChrisA
Feb 21, 2007, 02:16 PM

CS3 has been out in Beta form for a long time now. We know pretty much what it looks like and what it does. It does NOT require Leopard. Adobe would have to be stupid to beta test something for so long, work out the bugs and then have the "real" release be different from the beta. We can be very sure there will be no surprises. The release of CS3 is a non-event All it really means is that now you owe Adobe an upgrade fee and the free version of CS3 will stop working.

tribulation
Feb 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
while i know the photoshop cs3 beta is about, what about the other universal cs3 apps? have they even definitely said what will be the choice apps for the suite yet?

photoshop of course, illustrator, and then dreamweaver [has this ever even been confirmed besides rumors?], fireworks I think, and indesign? anyone know if that is actually confirmed by anyone. has anybody seen a universal version of indesign or illustrator yet on here? i wish i had that beta.

ChrisA
Feb 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
Alright!

This is the news I was waiting to hear. This means the new Mac Pro release is very immenent! I think it was fairly well accepted that Apple was a little reluctant to upgrade the Mac Pro until the premier industry photo suite went universal.

I have been waiting on purchasing a new Mac Pro ever since gen 1 came out last summer.

You, me and a few thousand more, I assume were all thinking they didn't really want an Intel Mac if it was just going to be running Rosetta 80% of the time.

But now maybe I don't need a Mac Pro. The 24" iMac may be good enough. CS3 seems to run about 60% faster than CS2. So I figure if you were happy with CS2 on a Mac Pro then you'd be just as happy with CS3 on a machine that is 1/2 the speed of a Mac Pro. (Notice the "if".)

smueboy
Feb 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
All right!! Bring it on, i have cash in hand.

zoozx
Feb 21, 2007, 02:37 PM
Photoshop in CS3 better have more to it than the beta did, Yes I know intel But new featues were a non event!

pito189
Feb 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
My Illustrator CS2 rarely crashes -- maybe like 4 times in a year and we use it all day long, everyday -- curious are you on a G5 or Mac Pro

Core Duo MBP. It crashes when using pathfinder, symbol sprayer, and a number of others. The only work around that has been found so far is to open illustrator, close the apprearance window, close illustrator and then reopen and then it doesn't crash. But if you open the appearance window at any time, you have to go back through the whole process again.

Those are the times it crashes, and its really annoying and only happens when I haven't saved it a good while. I have had to train myself to save every single time I do anything now.

bradc
Feb 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
And one of the most pirated programs by April!

1. Windows
2. MS Office
3. Adobe Suite

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
Even if it doesn't add stupendous new features, so long as it has all of the features of CS2 plus a bit more and Universal Binary I'm sold. The speed problems with CS-CS2 on Intel Macs is the only major concern I can think of, especially for the laptops. A UB Creative Suite would seriously make my millenium for me and my Macbook, so it can be a proper mobile art studio without the serious speed deficit and extra processor tasking with Rosetta emulating everything.

andiwm2003
Feb 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
why so many different versions of the suite?:confused:

and is there any chance that photoshop gets cheaper? some other pro software also got significantly cheaper over time. if not i'll have to wait for PSE:eek:

cbud
Feb 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
You, me and a few thousand more, I assume were all thinking they didn't really want an Intel Mac if it was just going to be running Rosetta 80% of the time...

Then there's the few thousand others who did not buy an Intel Mac for this very reason. I wonder how much of a sales boost Apple will see when this and Office 2007 come out as UB. As soon as CS3, Office 2007, and Leopard come out I know will buy an Intel iMac. Would of bought one months ago otherwise.

Sam0r
Feb 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
Ok, great. Whats happening with dreamweaver? :mad:

volvoben
Feb 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
why so many different versions of the suite?:confused:

and is there any chance that photoshop gets cheaper? some other pro software also got significantly cheaper over time. if not i'll have to wait for PSE:eek:

The huge (vista-like) number of packages are at least partly because of Adobe's acquisition of Macromedia. With flash dreamweaver etc etc added in, they're covering a pretty large base of customers, most of whom will not need all of the programs. they need some kind of web package for designers with flash etc, a basic design one, a premium design one, acrobat will be tossed in somewhere, but truthfully I don't know how the estimate of 16 or however many he said was made...I would have guessed 6 or so, but i guess they might distinguish between windows/mac, and toss on lots of 'premium' and 'standard' options for each package.

I wouldn't count on a reduced price. It would be fantastic, but the problem is that Adobe has no real competition. They don't need to lower prices, they have us by the....well, you know.

The ridiculous price is pretty lousy though, I can understand piracy much more when the program costs so darn much. My 13 year old cousin does photography and organizes newsletters and such for his sports teams and school. Could he use other programs? sure, but he wants to have a career in graphic design, and he knows knowledge of adobe creative suite is absolutely required. i'd give him my cs1 license but he's on windows. With luck though my girlfriend, who works and takes classes at harvard, can get cs3 for $200, the same price we paid for cs2. It feels great to pay a reasonable price for legal software. I don't know what I'd do without her...her discount, I mean.

I think if adobe had photoshop for around $80 and a standard suite for ~$300 I think they'd really be able to cut down on piracy, but that'll never happen. Windows and MSoffice have the same problem: industry standard software, enormous market-share, but they're too expensive for most people to afford. The key to avoiding piracy is pricing your software so that most users won't find it easier to do illegal stuff. There's a good 5% that will always steal no matter how cheap, but if 95% of your software use is legal you'll be in a great position.

awesomebase
Feb 21, 2007, 03:52 PM
Adobe, listen to me... I know have a new Photoshop program every year is gravy for you, but we need something much more important... BRING BACK FRAMEMAKER!! That is by far one of your best applications and it is desperately needed for the OS X environment.

D3LM3L
Feb 21, 2007, 04:09 PM
Why do you doubt that? My first thought was this is indicative of Leopard's release date.

Leopard is nowhere near ready for release. The latest build is incredibly buggy and has nothing "special" in it, nevermind those 10 zomgsupertopsecret features Steve Dear promised us. When Tiger was this close to release, it was almost as stable as the final version. It only had ~10 known bugs.

MacMyDay
Feb 21, 2007, 04:16 PM
About time. I'm losing money daily through running this on Intel Macs. In fact, my designers 20" iMac hardly gets any use as he finds it unbearable to run Photoshop on it, so he uses a 4 year old PC instead.

Peace
Feb 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
Leopard is nowhere near ready for release. The latest build is incredibly buggy and has nothing "special" in it, nevermind those 10 zomgsupertopsecret features Steve Dear promised us. When Tiger was this close to release, it was almost as stable as the final version. It only had ~10 known bugs.

Do you ever read your own signature ? :confused:

flyinmac
Feb 21, 2007, 04:24 PM

Yes, his signature defeats his argument.

By his argument, Leopard isn't ready because it contains too many bugs.

But, by his signature, Leopard is prime because it has sufficient bugs to be nearly finished.

Quite an argument he's making :cool:

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 21, 2007, 04:49 PM
About time. I'm losing money daily through running this on Intel Macs. In fact, my designers 20" iMac hardly gets any use as he finds it unbearable to run Photoshop on it, so he uses a 4 year old PC instead.

And this is the result of bad consumer research. Anyone who is looking to get a workhorse Mac should always check how the computer will handle your software. It was well known during the release of the first intel macs that many applications would not be running native, but rather on Rosetta, an unseen app that Apple was very willing to divulge about all the time. This applied to most if not all of the major production software for OS X including all of Adobe's Suite software.

If you were to do your homework before purchasing a computer, you would've gone with a PowerPC system so that you wouldn't run into this kind of trouble. Apple may have pushed out the PPC units from their main site, but PPC units were and still are available at lots of vendors, since, after all, they were only discontinued at the end of last year.

My uncle's employer still uses PowerMac G5's until the release of Adobe UB applications, because until then they can't afford the inherent instability and speed problems.

4JNA
Feb 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
it will be interesting to see how the value of the G5 systems hold up after the release. they are already dropping like rocks, and this can't help!

time to sell of the G5 laptop on ebay...

flyinmac
Feb 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
it will be interesting to see how the value of the G5 systems hold up after the release. they are already dropping like rocks, and this can't help!

Yes, I expect they'll be bottoming out soon.

I already have seen them selling in the very, very low thousand dollar area.

gugy
Feb 21, 2007, 05:01 PM

True,
It feels that NAB will be the place where the new Mac Pro will be announce.
Just look at that.
Adobe CS3 end of March.
Leopard end of March or earlier April
MacPro at NAB (April 14-19)

Makes perfect sense. Mac Pro octo-core will utilize full power of Adobe and Apple's Leopard.
then at WWDC, new MacBook Pro's

Bring it on!

MediaConsumer
Feb 21, 2007, 05:03 PM
Cool, any chance of them FINALLY releasing an Intel version of Shockwave Player? It gets annoying having to run Safari in Rosetta mode every time I want to use shockwave, and it's not exactally very stable, the games I play will just freeze randomly for no reason.

They are working on this, but the new version won't be ready until August.

Adobe, listen to me... I know have a new Photoshop program every year is gravy for you, but we need something much more important... BRING BACK FRAMEMAKER!! That is by far one of your best applications and it is desperately needed for the OS X environment.

I'm still pissed off at them for ditching FrameMaker. There is still nothing out there that compares well with FM.

todd2000
Feb 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
They are working on this, but the new version won't be ready until August.

Where did you get this info? August you say?? This is taking forever, thats literally the only thing that I use that my iMac can't run nativly. I guess they have to finish the UB of Macromedia Studio, before they release a UB of the Player?

Rychiar
Feb 21, 2007, 06:07 PM
i been enjoyin the beta for months now of photoshop but it will def be nice to aquire the whole suite and have plugins enabled:)

AppleMan101
Feb 21, 2007, 06:12 PM
Tuesday March 27th lines up very well for a big release, maybe cs3, but 5 days later (sunday april 1st) it's apple's bday...leopard? (I dont know what theyr going to do about the sunday, im sure we'll fin out). Together with this and somme other rumours about a march release for leopard...the pieces fit. PLUS the fact we know that 10.4.9 is all but finished, which may (or may not) provide support for features in iLife '07.4 which will be *dependant* on leopard. AND, as so many people were keen to point out earlier this year, spring begins on march 21st (well, in a lot of places).

So a lot of interesting coincedences, hopefully we'll get something tasty.

Apologies for this being hard to read ( ?), AppleMan is very tired. Time for bed.

Rocketman
Feb 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
Exactly!

Am I wrong or did I read somewhere that CS3 was optimized for Leopard?

It is optimized for the "Core Duo/Quad platform". Leopard is similarly optimized for same.

64 bit, multi-processor centric, etc.

If Apple changes processor suppliers again we have to wait 2 YEARS to get software for it AGAIN. The good news is Intel has announced its next 2-3 die shrinks are going to use similar instruction sets (with supersets introduced each time). Further it has announced its next two die shrinks have become technically feasible already. Good news. After that 4-6 year cycle plays out, the next processor family has not presented itself yet.

Rocketman

D3LM3L
Feb 21, 2007, 07:11 PM

Yes, his signature defeats his argument.

By his argument, Leopard isn't ready because it contains too many bugs.

But, by his signature, Leopard is prime because it has sufficient bugs to be nearly finished.

Quite an argument he's making :cool:

My siggy only applies to 10.x.x releases :cool:

Cult Follower
Feb 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
Adobe is finally getting it together almost a year and a half later. I have been waiting soo long for this. I have been holding off buying the Mac version of CS, and hopefully I'll be able to purchase it in a little longer than a month. Does anyone know of a way to transfer windows licenses to Mac? If so that would be really helpful.

CalCanuck
Feb 21, 2007, 10:57 PM
And that's why god created Freehand. ;) :p

Exactly! Couldn't have put it better myself. Now we just have to hope Adobe doesn't screw with a good thing.

MacMyDay
Feb 22, 2007, 01:18 AM
I absolutely knew this was going to come up.

The program consistently crashes and takes the entire Mac down with it. Is this consumer choice? No. Where would I research properly to find out this? Adobe.com? Apple.com? Should I have intuitively known it was going to have been this bad, or should I have specifically tried to find someone with a Mac, installed it and got my designer to use it for a few days? And where would I buy a brand new computer from with insurance and warranty that was a G5, when there was only Intel available? Lots of vendors in America, maybe.

And this is the result of bad consumer research. Anyone who is looking to get a workhorse Mac should always check how the computer will handle your software. It was well known during the release of the first intel macs that many applications would not be running native, but rather on Rosetta, an unseen app that Apple was very willing to divulge about all the time. This applied to most if not all of the major production software for OS X including all of Adobe's Suite software.

If you were to do your homework before purchasing a computer, you would've gone with a PowerPC system so that you wouldn't run into this kind of trouble. Apple may have pushed out the PPC units from their main site, but PPC units were and still are available at lots of vendors, since, after all, they were only discontinued at the end of last year.

My uncle's employer still uses PowerMac G5's until the release of Adobe UB applications, because until then they can't afford the inherent instability and speed problems.

Sam0r
Feb 22, 2007, 02:48 AM

The program consistently crashes and takes the entire Mac down with it. Is this consumer choice? No. Where would I research properly to find out this? Adobe.com? Apple.com? Should I have intuitively known it was going to have been this bad, or should I have specifically tried to find someone with a Mac, installed it and got my designer to use it for a few days? And where would I buy a brand new computer from with insurance and warranty that was a G5, when there was only Intel available? Lots of vendors in America, maybe.

You can download photoshop cs2 trial to test it out for free.

Also, you could've looked on xlr8yourmac for user reports aswell as searching with google for some user reports.

MacMyDay
Feb 22, 2007, 03:39 AM
You can download photoshop cs2 trial to test it out for free.

Also, you could've looked on xlr8yourmac for user reports aswell as searching with google for some user reports.

But that would have involved owning the Mac first. I bought the 20" Intel iMac back in November for him. Between using a brand new computer and an old PC, it didn't seem a hard choice. Clearly I was wrong.

k2k koos
Feb 22, 2007, 06:46 AM
Why can't they keep things a little simpler... do there realy need to be al these versions, or will it be 1 DO IT ALL version for the Mac, and loads of different "DO ALMOST ALL BUT NOT THAT" versions for Windows, just as there are versions of Windows itself? Of course, at a premium price, you can also buy or upgrade to the DO IT ALL for Win....

Please Adobe.....

aLoC
Feb 22, 2007, 08:23 AM
Leopard won't be ready in a month. It will be CS3 Intel and the 8-core Mac Pro. And maybe iLife '07.

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 22, 2007, 09:43 AM

I apologize for seeming callous to your situation, but even I, some shmuck student knew well about the nature of running PPC apps on an Intel Mac during the first wave. Rosetta was mentioned lots of times on various Mac sites and boards discussing compatibility with different apps, and although I haven't actually encountered this I was informed that some applications won't even work as of now on the new line. I was concerned so I checked up on which apps would work before purchasing. Since Rosetta would allow me to run CS I bought a Macbook. Otherwise I would've just gotten the G5 before it was discontinued from the store. But for mission critical work I would've gone with a PPC machine, even a refurb would've done the trick.

Macinposh
Feb 22, 2007, 09:49 AM
I bought the 20" Intel iMac back in November for him.Clearly I was wrong.

Yes,yes you were.
You skipped the basic rules of updating your system and now your laziness came back and bit you in your arse. There is absolutely nobody else to blame but yourself.

People working in the business,be it photo,audio,video or publishing, usually do the homework.. It is their livelyhood.
This same applys for different industries too,be it factories buying new machinery or airplane carriers buying airbus a380s.
If you are a early adopter,you take the risks and keep on smiling,whatever happens.

Personally my transfer from G4/G5s to intel went quite nicely,even if I have had to work with CS2 for the last 7 months.
I bought burly enough machines,with enough power to work through the transisition period.
Now I wait for the CS3 to come,check out the first couple of weeks for other users experiences, and then transfer to that platform.

Easy.

nungesser
Feb 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
I use that broken piece of software called CS2 on my MBP all day and it's like living in 1997 all over again. I'm frothing to get my hands on CS3 after the bliss of the Photoshop CS3 beta :)

"14 individual products"? Does that mean that new versions of EVERYTHING are arriving on the 27th, ie:
Photoshop CS3
Illustrator CS3
InDesign CS3
GoLive CS3 (or is it dead?)
Dreamweaver 9 (replacing GoLive?)
Fireworks 9 (confirmed)
Flash 9?
Flex
Acrobat Pro
Acrobat Reader
After Effects
ColdFusion
LiveCycle
Breeze

(Lightroom isn't going to be in the Creative Suite, Adobe's said...)

morespce54
Feb 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
I can just see it now.

Adobe releases the long-awaited update. Apple promptly releases Leopard the following week.

Adobe's sales stall while customers report that the Adobe software won't run properly on the newly released Leopard.

Adobe goes back into development mode to release a patch that will fix the couple of minor quirks that have caused customers to hold-off on buying the new suite.

A couple of weeks later, Adobe releases said update, and everything is fine in the world again.

... yes but for how long??? ;)
BTW, I thought that CS3 was optimized for the PowerBook G5 (sorry ;))

flyinmac
Feb 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
... yes but for how long??? ;)

Until the OS X 10.5.1 update. Then all the bugs that Adobe worked-around in their last update will be fixed. Therefore, Adobe will have to undo the work-around to restore proper operation again. :p

BTW, I thought that CS3 was optimized for the PowerBook G5 (sorry ;))

Actually, it's optimized for IBM's "Cell" processor.

Adobe got the news about the Intel switch too late. So, they missed the switch to Intel.

Unfortunately, this means that you will need an X-Box or PlayStation 3 if you want to use CS3.

Finally, the professional industry has a legitimate excuse to get a PlayStation in their cubical.

Good for Sony. Bad for Apple.

morespce54
Feb 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
...Windows and MSoffice have the same problem: industry standard software, enormous market-share, but they're too expensive for most people to afford. The key to avoiding piracy is pricing your software so that most users won't find it easier to do illegal stuff. There's a good 5% that will always steal no matter how cheap, but if 95% of your software use is legal you'll be in a great position.

that would be great... Unfortunately, this would defeat their "corporate-economic" rules... :o

Maccus Aurelius
Feb 22, 2007, 04:09 PM
I was glad that Office for Mac was less than half the price of Office for windows. That sucker ran for around $300-$400 while my copy only cost me $150. As far as I can see pretty much all of the features I use in Windows Office is there, so why the price gouging for the Windows side? I find this funny because PC's are like 95% of the market, they can get away with much cheaper office suites and stick it to open office. But then again, XP and Vista are wallet hogs too.

areyouwishing
Feb 23, 2007, 12:40 AM
Looking forward to a stable CS3. I run G5s at work, and Intel at home/mobile. The UI of Photoshop is reason enough to upgrade, that and the histogram in Curves.

I want to get a Mac Pro for Aperture at home, but won't pull the plug until there is a new case design, AND 8-cores.

Quillz
Feb 23, 2007, 03:27 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Betanews reports (http://www.betanews.com/article/Report_Adobe_CS3_to_Debut_March_27/1172008453) that a Merrill Lynch analyst has stated that Adobe will likely introduce their Creative Suite 3 near March 27th "with a ship date that would follow shortly afterwards".

ThinkSecret posted (http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretnotes/0702psnote.shtml) a similar article reporting that Adobe had ramped up the release of development builds and that a ship date could come "as early as the end of March."
Considering how stable the CS3 beta has been for me, I could see CS3 reaching its final release in March.

mark88
Mar 5, 2007, 09:32 AM
This is excellent news, I for one am going to pre-order. I just hope it's not priced too high

shecky
Mar 5, 2007, 09:53 AM
OMG CONFIRMED!!!111!!!11LOLOMG!!111

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2544

(thanks, freeny)

AtHomeBoy_2000
Mar 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
while these are Mac sites reporting this info... I assume a Windows version of CS3 will be released at the same time?? (Sorry, some of us still have to use Windows at work)

Halcyon
Mar 8, 2007, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=Today Adobe announced that the upcoming release of Photoshop CS3 is going to be available in two separate versions. There will be Photoshop CS3 Standard which improves upon the features of Photoshop CS2, and a new Photoshop CS3 Extended version for specialized users in the architecture, engineering, medical, and science fields. Photoshop CS3 Extended will include all the features of Photoshop CS3 Standard, along with new capabilities to better integrate with 3D and motion graphics, image analysis, and measurement tools.)[/QUOTE]

This extract is from another forum.
It is also mentioned that Dreamweaver CS3 takes over GoLive, and Fireworks CS3 over ImageReady.

Halcyon

dkirlew
Mar 8, 2007, 08:54 AM
i tried looking around but is their a version that includes PS, illustrator, and AE?

Currently Adobe has a Creative Suite Production Studio which is their video creative suite, however this is windows PC only. Adobe will release a Mac version of their Production Studio with Soundbooth instead of Audition + Premiere Pro, Encore DVD, After Effects, PS and Illustrator.

Dreamweaver will be in the next version of the CS3 and according to rumors I've heard Flash CS3 will as well. I've also heard that FireWorks CS3 will replace Image Ready.