Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
Hey guys,

Hasn't it been a mystery whether or not you could use the iPhone's speakerphone to play songs, liek a mini boombox? Well on this youtube video, at about 2:41, you hear Phil say "you can hear it coming out of the speaker." That means that the iPhone plays music out loud!

sorry if this is a lame thread, but it's exciting for me...:)

L

Lau

As exciting as it is (and I'm impressed by the external speaker on my SonyEricsson), I just know it'll be used on every single arsing bus and train journey I ever go on by a crowd of scummy kids to play their pumpin' choons, and for that reason my heart sinks. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
...I just know it'll be used on every single arsing bus and train journey I ever go on by a crowd of scummy kids to play their pumpin' choons, and for that reason my heart sinks. ;)
Exactly my thought as I read the thread title. On every morning and evening commute I make there's a gaggle of them playing said pumpin' choons so loudly that I can hardly hear my own iPod. Bring back National Service, I say. ;)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I'm very pleased... my iPod makes a great travel alarm clock--except I can barely head the alarm! Speaker = problem solved.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
As exciting as it is (and I'm impressed by the external speaker on my SonyEricsson), I just know it'll be used on every single arsing bus and train journey I ever go on by a crowd of scummy kids to play their pumpin' choons, and for that reason my heart sinks. ;)

Hmmm, don't see too many kids being able to pay $500 US for the phone and another $60 US per month for the service. Unless of course, by "kids", you mean obnoxious adults...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.