Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple aired their teaser ad for the Apple iPhone during the Oscars tonight. The ad has run multiple times during the Oscars.

The advertisement started with a collection of scenes from television and film with actors saying "Hello" on a telephone. The scenes are played in rapid succession, and the iPhone appears on the screen. Then a black screen with the words: "Hello" ... then ... "Coming in June" and finally an Apple logo.

Apple Quicktime: Apple has posted an official version of the iPhone Hello ad on their website.

Movie Mirrors: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (HD), 6 (Google), 7 (HD), 8

Update: The iPhone now has "AT&T" rather than "Cingular" listed in the corner. image. Cingular is now the new AT&T.

Update 2: Maclantic notes that the background music is Inside Your Head by Eberg (iTunes Link). A sample of the track is available in MP3 format from Eberg's site.

Update 3: Forum user Clonenode has compiled a list of all the actors (with the exception of one) who appear in the iPhone teaser ad. The one actress left off the list was Audrey Tautou according to Mac fly (film)

Article Link: Apple iPhone Teaser Ad Airs During Oscars [Updatex3]

Last edited:

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
I thought it was a great commercial. Very classy, and a perfect fit for the Oscars, with all the references to classic movies and TV.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
it was very cool...I was watching it with my gf and was like...is this it??

it was!!!!

very cool and appley original:apple:

Hello

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I can't wait for someone to like break apart the ad to get the new hidden features of iPhone.
I noticed that it seems to have a magnetic side, which I assume is for an Apple Remote.

I also noticed that it smelled slightly of strawberries.

I think I'm recording this, but don't have the tech to snip apart the stream, as it's being done vie Firewire from my cable box.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It was a decent commercial and it was nice to see it within the first 30 minutes.
On a side note, BofA is rubbing it in our faces that they're all about opportunity, code for "you can have a credit card if you don't have a social security number."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.