Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
I am building my very first simple "cocoa application", which should load and show a certain part of text (it depends what you decide to show in combo box) stored "somewhere". I was just wondering, whether using "coredata application" is the best way and I should rebuild like that or ...?
and... do i understand correctly, that "coredata application" is the same as "cocoa application" but even has the support of the database?

:confused: thx

gamera~

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005
Boston MA
Core Data is an infrastructure, that is used with Cocoa, to help manage (change, save, retrieve, etc) data in a database... sounds like you want something simpler (to read a text file?). I recommend, in either case, starting w/o using core data, even though it is tempting. Learn the basics of Cocoa first.

darksider

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
thank you

Ok, and so I'll make the "core data" application, save all needed data, which will be used. But then, I dont want to edit, add a thing and I dont want even the created interface for saving new data, I want a whole new interface which would show all stored information and I dont understand how to do it.
Just a tips, could someone? :) thx

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Core Data is not just a database! It is more of an Object management infrastructure.;) But yeah, those tutorials are pretty good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.