Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n0d3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Lets say I have Firefox as an active window, launching iCal or any other program will launch BEHIND Firefox, e.g. not in main view.

Anyone had similar problems? It only started recently and I don't recall installing any new apps.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Funny, I remember that happening to me at one point, but a restart fixed it. Never did figure out what caused it, but if you haven't restarted since it started happening, might be worth a shot.

VortexOfPain

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2006
This only happens for me when I tend to operate faster than my computer. :D For instance, launching firefox then clicking on a window and keep working... firefox will load in the background. But that's just because I clicked to bring a window to the foreground - so I expect it to happen this way.

Any chance you're doing the same click to another window before the app launches?

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
woah.

in trying to find maybe a keyboard shortcut that would open a window int eh background, i found an even cooler one.

Click on a dock icon while holding option-command, and every open window willl close while the app you clicked opens. awesome!

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
woah.

in trying to find maybe a keyboard shortcut that would open a window int eh background, i found an even cooler one.

Click on a dock icon while holding option-command, and every open window willl close while the app you clicked opens. awesome!

sweet. very helpful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.